Chapter 10

Birthdays: Twenty-eight

Mood: Happy

*****

South America, Jamaica, The Australian Outback. You had seen it all. Thanks to him. You would never have thought that someone so simple could bring so much joy into your life. Jongin was completely different from everyone you had met before. He hated offices and loved dancing and traveling. Without you even noticing he had slowly become your muse. Sometimes you would sit in coffee shops all night and talk about everything and anything or dance to loud music. Every minute with him was as if someone had put the best scenes of every romantic Hollywood movies in the world together. That was what you thought as you opened the door to the apartment you shared and wondered if you would order Italian, African or Mexican food today. But as you stepped in you noticed that there were a bunch of boxes spread across the living room instead of Jongin's Stuff.

Jongin was just coming from the kitchen with another one when he saw you.

" Jongin... what is this ? "

" I was going to tell you... but I couldn't. I'm going to Puerto Rico. "

" What ? "

" Look Y/N, I just can't do this. When I met you I knew that this was something special. I thought that this could maybe work. I really like you. But I'm just not someone who settles down. I tried, but... that's not me. I can't be with you. "

You felt tears filling up your eyes.

" Please don't cry ! Look, that's exactly why I couldn't tell you until now. I don't want to make you cry. I just want to keep things simple. Please don't be like that. "

" You're telling me not to be like that ? You're telling me... not.. to be.... like that ??! "

" You know what kind of person I am. Damn... you always knew. I stayed with you for almost two years Y/N. "

" Do you love me ? "

" I like you... - More than I liked anyone before. But... "

" I want you to answer me ! "

No answer.

" I'm going to tell you the same thing I told you the first day we met. LEAVE. "

You threw his stuff out and pushed it down the stairs. You didn't care about what happened to it. You didn't care about what happened to him.

The next days your apartment was a mess. Because you were a mess. You didn't talk to anyone, you didn't even go out. The only people you would have wanted to talk to at the moment were your sister and Chanyeol. And Kyungsoo of course. But he was busy shooting the scenes of his first movie and the last thing you would do was bother him right now. You didn't feel like talking to your sister either, who was as happy in her marriage as never before. And Chanyeol ? He was traveling due to work and probably asleep on some 12 hours flight right now. Damn, why didn't you just have a bunch of girlfriends like every other woman of your age ? You cried, only lived from ordering Mexican food and cried even more because it reminded you so much of Jongin. On the 4th day you opened the door for the delivery service, but you didn't see food. You saw Sooyun. Her makeup was messed up from crying, and she had a huge bag with her which looked way too heavy on her slim body. You had never seen her like this. You didn't know why, but right at this moment you knew that she was going through the exact same thing like you.

" I know I'm the last person you want to see... B-but... can I maybe stay for tonight. Because... my marriage is falling apart and I'm a miserable mother and I don't even have friends besides you and... I'm a mess ! " She started sobbing loudy. " I understand if you shut the door, bu...- "

And then you just hugged her.