Chapter 12.1

Birthdays: Thirty-two

Mood: Proud

*****

" Thank you all for coming. First I would like to say, that this day means a lot to me. But I could never have done this by myself. I would like to thank my parents who were always there for me, even though we had some difficult times. And the best big sister in the world. I also want to thank my friend Chanyeol, who always stayed by my side no matter what happened. And last but not least my little niece, Nari. By the way, she turned nine yesterday. She's over there. I especially dedicate this exhibition to another friend. Unfortunately he had to leave earlier because he has an important appointment, but just like he told me his heart will be with us. I hope that you have a nice time. Well, what else should I say ? Feel free to explore this world of bursting colors !"

Applause. You stepped off the podium and greeted your loved ones.

" Congrats on your first big museum exhibition. It looks awesome ! ", Chanyeol said. " Nari is... - Geez where did that girl go again ?"

He looked around and Nari came running to you, pulling a boy at her age with her.

" Look Junsu-yah, my auntie Y/N is the artist !",

" Junsu, it's nice to see you ! ", you said. "Are you Nari's companion today ? "

" No, she's mine. " He grinned.

You laughed.

" Aah, Nari. I missed you princess. "

You lifted Nari to hug her, but she freed herself.

" Auntie, I'm not a three-year old anymore ! "

You saw her cheeks turning red as she looked at Junsu.

" Come on Nari, let's look at the paintings.", Junsu said as he took her with him.

Chanyeol and you looked at the two and then at each other.

" Are you thinking the same thing I am thinking ? ", Chanyeol asked you.

" Yeah... she's reached the embarrassment phase. ", you sighed.

" Oh really, don't you see that she has a crush ?"

" You really think so ? She and Junsu have known each other since their first elementary school year. They're best friends after all. "

" They are. Just like Kyungsoo and you. "

You gave him a confused look, but he just smiled.

" I'm going to greet your parents. " With that he left you.

Your Phone beeped and you pulled it out to check on your messages.

Soo🐧✨: I bet you're rocking this ?

You: With all my heart.

Soo🐧✨: I'm sorry I had to leave, but I want you to know that I'm cheering for you.

You: Says the one who's co-moderating the AMA's tomorrow night ?

Soo🐧✨: He also thanks you for taking care of his Baby in the meantime.

You: I'm rather thankful that you let her take care of me. You brought one smart child into the world. Are you still on your way to the airport ?

Soo🐧✨: In the car.

You: Okay, text me when you're on the other side.

While texting you had gone outside to the quiet corridor and when you put your phone down you saw Nari sitting curled up with her back to the wall.