𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝙸𝚅 | 𝙻𝚘𝚜𝚝 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝙵𝚘𝚞𝚗𝚍

⌖

EVELYN REWRAPS THE COTTON blanket around her tiny frame for the third time during the ride back to shore. She had been able to catch her breath, but the poor girl was still shivering and a bit shell shocked from the whole experience. She looks about the water, hoping to find Tommy in it. But alas, he was no where in sight.

When they reached the shore, the Officer helps her step out of the boat.

-"T-thank you s-so much Sir!" The young lady thanks him through chattering teeth.

-"Don't mention it. Now go find some of your fellow nurses and they'll take care of you." He smiles kindly at the poor girl.

Evelyn nods, then tries to give him back the blanket she borrowed. The Officer smiles and hands it right back to her.

"No, you keep it. Wouldn't want you to catch a cold." He explains his reason softly.

Evelyn didn't want to fight, so she kept the blanket and wrapped herself in it once more. She thanks him again, then takes off to find some fellow nurses.

The British Officer watches her walk away. This young nurse reminded him of his own daughter who was back in the home land. His smile fades away as memories of her come rushing into his head. How he wished he could see, and feel her again. He regrets not having told her sooner, that he loved her very much, before she went to sleep forever.

Evelyn walks around the same beach that was she trying to escape from hours ago. It was dark, and people were huddled around small camp fires. The poor girl was too tired to care about anything right at the moment other than Tommy's whereabouts. She did found a bonfire which hadn't been occupied and sat down on sand right in front of it. She put her hands up near the fire and rubbed them together to warm them up quicker. She stayed in this position for another five minutes. Sleep then came over the girl and she passed out into a very needed nap.