𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚅𝙸𝙸 | 𝙰 𝚂𝚠𝚒𝚖 𝙵𝚘𝚛 𝙵𝚛𝚎𝚎𝚍𝚘𝚖

⌖

-"SO WHAT'S IT GONNA be? Her, you, or Gibson over here?" Alex looks Tommy dead in the eye

-"I'm going home. And you can't make her do it, she's a lady." Tommy answers.

-"Well, if this is the price?" Alex refers to Gibson.

Tommy doesn't hesitate to answer.

-"I'll live with it, but it's wrong."

Alex nods before shoving Gibson up the stairs even more and opens the door.

"Alex, one man isn't going to make enough difference." Tommy tries to reason.

-"You'd best hope it does, cos you'd be volunteering next." The leader says.

-"What?" Tommy asks in disbelief.

-"Tommy's not going anywhere!" Evelyn shouts  as she grabs his arm to keep him next to her.
He looks back at her and sees dead seriousness in her eyes.

-"We're regimental brothers, mate. Just the way it is." Alex makes up an excuse.

Gibson then does the unexpected, he goes to grab the rifle. Tommy jumps on Alex to help him. They smash into the hull as the water splashes about. As they drop into the water, the ship levels.

-"Float! We float!" The seaman says with excitement.

-"Start the engine!" A Highlander shouts.
The seaman is already crawling to the hatch, reaching up. The engine starts, loud as loud can be. Machine-gun fire strafes the hull. The men, and lady, duck below the water line.

Due to being in water, the bottom of Evelyn's wool blue dress was sopping wet. It was hard for the girl to move around, and she felt panicked that her dress would catch on something and would prevent her from moving.