𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝙸𝙸 | 𝙰 𝚁𝚊𝚌𝚎 𝙵𝚘𝚛 𝙵𝚛𝚎𝚎𝚍𝚘𝚖

⌖

-"TOMMY, THAT'S A GOOD name!" Evelyn smiles.

The two continue to walk out towards the beach. Hundreds of soldiers lined up in rows of many as they wait to board the next ship that will leave this wretched place. They stop abruptly and and look out at all the men waiting to leave.

-"Stay here, you'll have to excuse me." He says quietly, in his low, yet somewhat firm voice.

He then excuses himself from Evelyn's company and goes over to a sand dune. Evelyn understands and walks forward, still keeping his instructions in mind. See looks around and sees men everywhere, each one hoping to leave. No one speaks, there's nothing to be said. She turns around quickly a few minutes later to see Tommy walking towards her.

Out of no where, a bomb falls from the sky and lands on earth. Tommy and Evelyn drop to the ground on their stomachs and cover their ears with their hands. Evelyn looks up and becomes frantic when she doesn't see the boy she was with barely a minute ago. She sighs in relief when she finds him laying on the ground ahead of her. Tommy is the first to stand, seeing that there's no more danger at the moment, he walks over to Evelyn and helps her stand. She wobbles a bit and Tommy doesn't leave to take care of himself until she's still and calmed.

-"T-thank you." She stutters a bit.

He nods lightly and his lips twitch up ever so slightly into the smallest smile possible.

-"Come on, let's get out of here," he says in a low voice. Evelyn nods and follows him. They walk over towards a line and almost cut.

-"Hey no cutting!" A Brit yells at Tommy. Tommy doesn't say anything, but merely looks back at Evelyn and continues to walk on. They stop and look out at the waves which crash on to the shore creating foam. He then gets into line behind another solider, who turns around and says.