F O U R T Y 6

Haeun could only watch the laundry spinning steadily in the machine. The cold tiled floor were cool against her legs and the small whirs of the washing machine was slowly putting her to sleep.

Jae and her mom were away, off to another one of her brother's play dates. Of course, Haeun's mom knew all of Jae's friend's parents, so she would be enjoying the day just as much as Jae would.

The homework in her room was still taunting her, but Haeun could care less as she watched her clothes spinning carelessly. It was barely morning and Haeun didn't bother to turn any of the lights on, seeing how the sun invaded her home already as it was.

She didn't feel like do anything.

She wanted to get an answer.

•••

Haeun had finally gotten out of her house, deciding that she would look around seoul, eating some steaming street food and walk around like a lonely nobody.

" NOOOONNNAAA." Hyunbin's voiced called from nearly a mile away. The kid held a toothy smile and sprinted over to Haeun, fingers latched onto hers. A snapback lay snugly on top of Hyunbin's head followed by a cute camo bomber jacket.

Haeun flinches and turns to sees him, before giving him a smile, bending down to his height, patting his head.

" Hyunbin? What are you doing here? " Haeun asks, eyes wandering for Hoseok who was probably sending a stink eyes from a distance.

" I was gonna go to the computer cafe,"

" Aren't you hanging out with Jae? "

" No. He's stupid." Hyunbin glared.

Haeun giggled and nodded her head in agreement.

" I couldn't agree more. By the way, you cane by yourself? "

" No, hyung's coming with me." Hyunbin said, pointing over to the male making his way down the street.

" Oh Hoseo—" Haeun turns and her eyes widen once she sees Jungkook strolling casually, eyes stuffed down into his phone. The weather was warm today, with the sun gleaming and clouds swaying with the light breeze.

" Jungkook? " Haeun gapes, standing up once Jungkook turns his head to see Haeun, his own jaw dropping at the sight of her. Her straight hazel hair was pulled down, outlining her shoulders and framing her face.

Jungkook, on the other hand was pulling off a pair of white clads with a bleached pair of ripped jeans. The cherry on the top, was a black graphic hoodie that read "international playBOY" in a cliche graffiti font.

" Kim Haeun? What are you doing he—"

" Hyung,look! Noona's coming with me on a date." Hyunbin smiles widely, before Jungkook fakes a laugh and nods.

" I am? " Haeun asked, pointing to herself.

" She is?" Jungkook exclaims, pointing to Haeun.

" Let's go Noona."

" But what about the computer cafe? " Jungkook asks, catching up to Hyunbin.

" I don't want to go."

Hyunbin shrugged, taking Haeun's hand and leading her away.

•••

" We always meet like this." Jungkook muttered, eyes still on Hyunbin who was skipping ahead, excited to head to the playground.

" Fate?" Haeun smiled cheekily, poking Jungkook's side.