T W E N T Y 1

The music was blasting across the entire gym which had turned into a makeshift club it had seemed. From Juniors to Seniors, students were dancing around, wearing their costumes. It was nearly impossible to tell who from who with the masks and the face paint.

Haeun's eyes burned from the high intensity glare of the lights couldn't get any worse. Until the dj decided to scream his lungs out.

" ARE YOU READYYYYYYY?" The Dj yelled out in broken english. Haeun grimaced. Who hired him?

Initially Haeun had thought of staying at home and binge some cute drama with a cliche plot line. However Haeun's mother had other plans. Other plans involving things liked bringing Jae trick-or-treating with his obnoxious friends.

Either way Haeun was not wasting her day with such a crude responsibility.

Haeun adjusted her crown with the red and black hearts and patted down her black laced dress. Her mom had helped with painting a drop of blood drinking from the crook of her mouth and with a coat of rose lip tint, her costume was perfect.

She watched everyone hanging out,laughing, having fun secretly wishing fo the same. Everyone had their own cliques. They just fit in so easily.

•••

Jungkook watched by the food area which was decorated with skull ornaments. He had to admit, the committee had really gone and done it this year.

Taking his block of a hammer, Jungkook placed it on the table, ready to grab some food that was placed neatly on the table.

" You're Thor this year? " Mirae's voice called from the back. Jungkook turned around to Mirae wearing a pretty simple white dress adorned with rose blossoms. Her back was strapped with sparkling white wings and her black hair was curled delicately to match the shape of her almond face.

Jungkook laughed, eyeing his own outfit. He wore his regular uniform with a piece of armor over it. However his hair today was an unkempt mess, the highlight of his brown strand was now a shade of maroon due to the blasting red lights swinging from one side of the room to the other.

" Nice outfit Mirae. Trying to be an angel? " he asked and Mirae rolled her eyes playfully, hitting his shoulder lightly.

" The party's great. You guys really outdid yourselves." Mirae murmured, smiling brightly.

" It was nothing really." Jungkook shrugged.

"Ah you're too humble Jungkook." Mirae shook her head, with a tired sigh escaping her lips. Jungkook frowned as the unwanted memory from yesterday had made his stomach knot.

Haeun.

Kim Haeun.

What was her problem? What did he do so wrong that she had to chose him of all people to pester? Did she like him? No. That couldn't be. Unless Haeun was that kind of person and switched to someone new every month.

Anyways, it wasn't Jungkook's business to worry about it. All he could do was do his best and ignore all of her heart throbbing tactics.

•••

Making her way past the excessively loud dance floor, Haeun headed over to see Mirae and Jungkook making light jokes with eachother.