T W E N T Y 9

" What if I said that I liked you? "

Jungkook didn't have to hear it twice.

" Then I would have asked you to be my girlfriend-" He said slowly. Haeun held her breath.

Haeun's eyes widened and she almost fell off her chair. Taking a sharp inhale, she straightens her back.

Her brain was overthinking. She was overthinking.

" -is what you would want to hear me say, right? " Jungkook laughed, shoulders shaking. She was caught off guard. By Jeon Jungkook.

Haeun stiffened before she laughed. A little too fake, in her opinion.

" Of course not," she stated.

" I'll give you credit for making everyone else fall to the ground when they hear that though. "

" You're a hard one to beat Jungkook." She said, crossing her arms.

" It's not so bad when I know what you're really like. "

" Oh, so you have someone else in mind? " she asked, folding her arms.

" Yeah, and her name is Mirae."

•••

Haeun stared in horror, looking at her book bag. She could feel her fists tighten, looking around the classroom. Everyone was a target.

Could it be the same person who posted that video? The more she thought of it, the more helpless she began to feel.

Haeun looked over to Mirae and Jungkook watching them laugh over a joke as she made her way to them.

" Jungkookkkieee, " Haeun said, watching Jungkook's head shift to her, eyes dull as he looks up. Mirae's smile fades when she turns as well.

" What do you want? " he asked, folding his arms.

" You're coming to tutoring right? " she asked, seeming pretty eager.

" I don't have to come to tutoring every day, you know." He said, matter-of-factly, adjusting the silver pin on his uniform.

" Awe, that's a shame, handsome." She smiled. The bell for lunch had rung as Haeun finally moved away from the

I was kind of looking forward to it.

•••

Since Jungkook wasn't planning on going to the library, she had decided to spend a few hours in the city. She didn't know what to feel anymore. Watching a guy she'd only just tutored for a few weeks, subconsciously thinking that it would make them closer.

Haeun clenched her fists. The wind had gotten harsher and Haeun could care less about the fact that she was wearing a hoodie that did absolutely nothing to provide warmth.

She wanted to ruin Jungkook, prove to the world that he was just a uselessly handsome vice president who judged everyone by how they seemed from the outside. But why did it feel like she was only hurting herself?

Maybe it was because she realized that Jungkook really wasn't that bad.

Maybe it was because she realized that she was the bad one all along.