UNCONSCIOUS

Sarah's POV.              Chapter fifty three

4 minutes later..... The Hospital

"Have you ever had to face a scary situation, that involves one of your friends?" Who's precious fragile life was just slowly slipping away right in front of your very eyes

And given the gravity of what happened regarding that friend it somehow changes your whole perspective on something so beautiful which is often taken for granted by people.

Another four letter word called L-I-F-E! We all possess it but who are often at times reckless with this unique gift.

Then there's crystal lying unconscious, in a hospital bed fighting, for hers after collapsing earlier today when, we were walking out of biology class.

Life maybe a gift, but it sure can be unfair and cruel as well.

I blame myself for what happened to Crystal because I had noticed, how seriously sick she looked this morning in the girls bathroom, the constant vomiting that took, place her lack of strength.

The unusual pale color of her skin these were clear signs that she needed medical attention and fast.

Deep down I knew that but just decided to shrug it off all because crystal kept strongly insisting that she was okay to go to class.

When all this time her anorexia was taking a life threatening horrible toll on her physical and mental health.

I realized that after I saw her collapse and was coughing up blood the next minute.

Hence the scary situation I had mentioned a few minutes ago.

Waiting, anxiously for any news on crystals condition I distractedly start swirling, a cup of this really, awful tasteless, Hospital coffee around using my thumbs.

That crystals dad bought me down by the cafeteria I lift the cup to my lips and take a quick sip.

Disgusting!

Nothing could alleviate my increasing anxiety with every, minute that went by it felt like an eternity before a doctor came walking, into the waiting room holding a medical clipboard.

With some news on crystal..... Finally! I breath.

Bianca, Chloe, Emily and myself had all skipped school to be here for her.

But of course we had to do a lot of begging and pleading with her dad to convince him to let us stay.

Before he agreed eventually.

We all prepared ourselves for whatever good news or bad news the Dr had to tell us.

Detective Pierce has she gotten up was the first one to ask the weighty question.

A question that no doubt lingered inside of his anxious worried mind until now. 

"Doc how is my baby girl doing?!" He asked. His voice a bit shaky with nervousness!

Andrew the doctor spoke to Crystal's dad, on a first name basis

I then concluded that they probably know each other.

Drew the doctor said Chrissy's extremely weak plus she's in a very critical state and that is due to her having a low blood count.

Emily ,Bianca ,Amanda, Chloe and I all gasped in shock at what the doctor said.

Andrew the doctor inquired, "did you have any idea that Chrissy has anorexia?"

"What?" Detective Pierce replied confused, of course not No! he stated scratching the back of his neck.

I guess crystal had kept her anorexia a secret from her dad because by the looks of it seems as if he didn't have a clue?

Trying to process all of this seemingly difficult information about his only surviving daughter.

I saw a loving caring father lose it in the waiting room area of the hospital and completely break down.

If there's anything I understand from this it's that nothing and no one can ever love you like your parents.

I envy crystal for that love because I'd never had it.

Referring to the Dr he had been speaking to as doctor Paul Armstrong.

Crystal's dad kept asking if his daughter had woken up yet and every time it was a disappointing no.

Feeling helpless and frustrated at this point he told us that he was going to go take a short walk to clear his head.

**********************

3 and a half hours later

I really hope that Crystal's okay Emily said me too Bianca answers drinking her second cup of coffee.

"Did you guys know that she had anorexia I suddenly asked?" curious!

Yeah Amanda spoke we do but crystal made us promise not to say anything.

Not even to her dad Amanda said, as she shifts uncomfortable on one of the plastic chairs that, were situated inside the waiting room.

"Why?" I ask would she keep something like this from her own father.

Because Sarah Bianca who sat next to Emily stated in a almost harsh tone!

They lost her older sister stupid five years ago-" she stops abruptly, biting back her unfinished, words Regarding.... Kelsey Pierce.

Jesus Christ! Bianca there's no need to be so rude I only asked a simple question.

And don't call me stupid I retorted, Angrily!

Throwing my cup of coffee straight in her face.

Before, I knew it I was storming off down, the Hospital corridor feeling upset.

There's going to be a second part to this chapter

Question will crystal ever wake up?

Most of all what does Bianca know about her sister Kelsey's death?