Patience

(Shawn's texts are italicized and urs are in bold :))

Shawn's Pov
12:36 am

hey :)

Hey!

what r u up to?

Nm, why?

wanna come over? im having a get 2gether, & i wanna see uuuu

Sure :) See u in a bit x

k, love you <3

I freeze. Y/n has never said "I love you" or anything close to it before, and now she is? Over text? I mean, I think I love her.. Shit, it's already been a minute I need to respond.

Love you too :)

Alright that should be safe, right? I grab the keys to my jeep and walk out the front door of my house before locking it behind me, and heading down the driveway to my car.

I wonder what she wants. Sometimes it's just sex, most of the time actually, but she said there's people over. I hope she's not into threesomes. Fuck, we never even talked about that.

*•*•*•*•*•
Your pov

I see Shawn pull up into the driveway, and I change the music to Ed Sheeran since that's his favorite, and I immediately hear several "Come on!!'s"

"Y'all better fuckkkkk off! And stop grinding nobody wants to see that!" I motion over to the circle of guys and girls who have been grinding against each other like there's no tomorrow.

They flip me off, "Whatever Y/n. Go drink another beer."

I roll my eyes before opening the door casually to be met with a surprised looking Shawn.

"Y/n! Hey!" He smiles, but I can tell he's checking me out. I wore a red crop top from Brandy Melville, and ripped high rise shorts. My white Vans make me feel even more basic than I already am. My hair is pulled back, and I pulled out a few pieces on each side to frame my face.

"Shawniiieeee! Come in!" I step aside as he smiles, and nods to the first few people he makes eye contact with. They all look like fan girls who forgot how to breathe, even the guys. Sometimes I forget just how famous he is. Then he stops to listen, and smiles.

"You started listening to Ed Sheeran?"

No.

"Yeah! He's really good. Just like you saiddd." I giggle drunkily as I lead him over to the drinks.

"Beer?" "Yeah, thanks." I grab a bottle opener, and pop the cap off of one before handing him a bottle, and grab one for myself, doing the same with the cap. He takes a sip, and I throw my head back and down half of the bottle. When my head comes back down I see him staring at me with wide eyes.

"How many drinks have you had tonight?"

I think back to the events of this night. 1 beer, then a girl took off her top, 2 beers, then a guy *tried* to fuck me, 3 beers, then a girl passed out, 4 beers, and then Shawn came.

"This is my 5th." I giggle, and I can't tell if it's because of the beer or Shawn's reaction. Probably both.

"Hey how about we sit down somewhere?" He slowly grabs my beer, and sets it down behind me. "Your room maybe?" He cocks his head to the side slightly, and I can tell he's trying to hide his smile. He's not trying to take advantage of me, I know that, but he also knows I get very touchy when I drink too much. I may be drunk, but that doesn't make him subtle.

"Yeah let's go!!" I grab his hand and lead him to my room, kicking the door shut once we're inside. I take his beer and set it on my desk. "That goes there." I smile before pushing him onto my bed and laying on top of him, kissing his lips hungrily. I feel his hands rest on my hips, and they slowly find their way to my ass. He gives it a squeeze as I gasp, and he slips his tongue into my mouth.

I love being in control, but I decide to let him have this one. He rolls us over so I'm now on my back, and he straddles me so he can take off his black t-shirt. I giggle when I see his abs, because I remember them being nice, but not that nice.

"What are you laughing at?" He grins as he tugs on the bottom of my top. I lift it over my head to reveal that I haven't been wearing a bra. "Fuck." He grabs my arms, and lifts them over my head, intertwining our fingers as he sucks on my neck, licking in circular patterns with his tongue. "Shawn, stopppp." "What?" He stops and looks at me weirdly.

"No, I didn't mean actually stop, I was just messing around." He gets off of me and sits next to me with his head down, and his legs hanging off of the bed. I get up and hug him from behind, "Hey, what's wrong?"

"What do you want from me?"

"What?"

"Do you love me?"

Fuck. I was hoping he'd forgotten about that text. I start kissing his neck in the hopes that he gets distracted.

"Hey, can you talk to me? For one second, can you stop trying to fuck me and hope you can avoid every conversation?"

I pull away and grab his shirt, throwing it at him. He turns around as I'm pulling mine back on.

"Hey! Talk to me!" He grabs my wrist and I yank away.

"No, I don't love you. I don't love anyone! You fucking know that so why would you think that text meant anything?!" I snap at him, and he gets up, pulling his shirt on quickly.

"I don't know what the hell you want, Y/n! That's always been the same fucking problem! You never let anyone in, and right when I think I have a chance you tell me you love me, then say you don't. Does that make any sense? Can you make up your god damn mind??"

Before I can think I feel my hand meet the soft skin on the side of his face harshly, and he looks at me in disbelief before reaching up to feel the spot I had just hit.

"You've gotta be fucking kidding me. You slap me because I told you the truth? Has no one ever done that? I'm sorry if I thought-."

"Shut the fuck up! You don't know anything! My fucking mom and dad died trying to abandon me! They fucking packed up their bags, and the last words I ever heard were 'You were a mistake.' So, I'm sorry if I'm confusing you or whatever the fuck you're complaining about, but you don't know anything."

My voice cracks and I feel the tears streaming down my face as I look him directly in his eyes, searching for answers. As always, I receive none.

"Y/n. You can't keep using that as an excuse. That was 10 years ago. That was their choice, and you base your whole life off of it. You need to let go. I know it hurts, but you do."

I look down at my feet, but they're blurry, just like everything else.

"Hey, come here." He pulls me into his chest, and I tense up at first, but relax as I breathe in his scent. Somehow, we've never hugged before in our 3 months of having "this thing" going on.

He kisses the top of my forehead. "I'm here for you. Whether you want me or not. I'll be patient with you."

*•*•*•*•*•

I hope you enjoyed my perspective on the song :)

Vote, share, and comment whatever!

Love yallll <3

Byeeeee