Don't Be A Fool

"I love you.." "No you don't, Shawn! If you loved me you wouldn't be leaving!"

I sniffled in between words, feeling broken and helpless, but at the same time.. I felt selfish.

"Babe, hey, look."

He grabbed me by my waist and pulled me closer to him to help calm me down.

"I'm sorry. But you know we can't work out. I don't want to make you wait for me while I'm on tour... I love you too much to do that to you. You'll find a man who will be by your side-."

"I don't want anyone else, Shawn! I want you."

My vision was clouded completely now, and I could barely make out Shawn's figure as I argued with him.

"I know you don't understand, I know. I don't even understand it completely if I'm being honest with you. But-This. This right here.." He motions between us. "This isn't healthy. I don't want.. Just don't be a fool. That's it."

"What is that supposed to mean?" I push myself away from him, and he stumbles backwards, his back almost hitting the wall of his bedroom.

"Hey-." He reaches over for me again.

"N-No! You just said 'Don't be a fool' to me! What does that fucking mean? Is this fake? Did these three years mean nothing to you??"

I was yelling at the top of my lungs, and Shawn stood there with his head down and his hands in his pockets.

His phone rings.

"Y/n.. I have to go."

"Shawn.." I cry out, reaching for him.

"N-No. Just-I have to go." He backs away from me, and walks out of his bedroom. I hear the front door open, and then slam shut.

And just like that, the love of my life was gone forever.