25: More Maggie

The truth is that everyone's gonna hurt you. You just need to find the ones worth suffering for.

By now the tour is extremely close to ending. So close that it's practically already over. We're on our way to our last stop in North Carolina before we head back to London for a long break.

Our show tonight is something I wasn't actually looking forward to. Why? Because it means the end. Our last hurrah of the tour. I don't want it to end. I don't want this to be the last show. Well, maybe not the last show, but the last show for a while. 

Simon and I talked for a bit about an album. Nothing is officially decided yet but he's thinking of having me start writing my own music once the tour ends. So basically within the next week. I'm excited. I could finally start singing my own thoughts and feelings instead of other peoples.

Actually, I started a song. In fact I finished it and showed it to Simon. He said it was a great piece of work and would love for me to perform it for the last concert. We hadn't recorded it or anything yet. I would just perform it once and have everyone wondering for a while until we got the chance to release it as a single. 

I haven't seen or heard any sign of Maggie since she kissed Niall. Thank God for that. I think she's gone for good now. I hope so. It's been a few stops since then and I'm hoping she doesn't return. 

"Hey!" Niall says cheerfully as he enters my dressing room smiling. 

"Hi," I say, staring at my shoes. 

"What's wrong?" he asks cautiously. 

"Nothing," I say shaking my head. He looks at me worriedly. I give him a weak smile. "Really. I'm fine." He searches my face for a moment before pecking my cheek. 

"You know you can tell me," he whispers before pulling away. 

"I just....don't want the tour to end." He sighs and hugs me. 

"There will be other shows," he promises. I nod. 

"I know. I just love it so much. This whole thing is just....amazing." 

He smiles. "It's not the end."

"I know." He sighs and kisses my lips before pulling back. 

"I have to run. Get ready for the show and all. See you later beautiful," he says, smiling and winking. I smile back as he leaves the room. I look at myself in the mirror and take a deep breath. 

"You ready?" Kristy says, popping her head into my dressing room. I smile and nod. She grins back. "Let's do this thing," she says before turning back out of the room. I giggle and follow her out. 

"You're on in....3...2....1....," counts off a crew member.

I rise up on the platform. Something I've done many times by now. Music started. My music. Notes that I wrote down on paper. I pressed the mic to my lips as the crowd roared at my appearance. 

"This is a song I wrote about someone special. It's called Smile For You," I admit smiling and thinking of Niall as the song begins.

(AUTHORS NOTE: to the tune of Perfect Two on the side ;D)

"Ohhh, yeah yeahhh,
I've had some hard times but I've never given up,
I keep going every time I feel like I’ve gotten stuck,
no longer sitting there feeling sad all alone,
now I found someone to pick me up when I am low,
I had lost all hope but then you made my sun shine,
made my world really seem to brighten like the day light,
in a place with no faith left to be spoken,
you had been the one to make me smile when I'm broken