6: Sing Me To Sleep

I build walls to see who cares enough to break them down.

"You're so going down."

"In your dreams Payne," I say as the air hockey puck flies through the little goal on Liam's side for the tenth time. "I believe I win," I say, smirking at him. He pouts at the table. I laugh and hug him. "It's okay Li, I'll let you win next time."

"ALEXIS AND LIAM GET YOUR ASSES UPSTAIRS. IT'S TIME TO EAT FOOD," I hear Harry yell. I look to Liam.

"Race?" Before I can even finish the word Liam is already running off. "Oh it's so on." I run after him, barely keeping up. "SLOW DOWN!" I yell, out of breath as we reach the top of the stairs. Liam laughs and slowly comes to a stop. He turns around to wait for me, not even the least bit tired. "How do you run so fast?

"I used to do it for sport," he shrugs.

 I lightly slap his arm. 

"Cheater. You didn't tell me that," I mutter.

He laughs. 

"You didn't ask." We begin to walk to the kitchen together, but I sprint off at full speed trying to beat him. He still ended up beating me. 

"Racing Liam?" Louis asks with a smirk on his face as we walk into the kitchen. I nod, breathing heavy. He chuckles and shakes his head. "Not a smart choice." 

"I almost beat you," I mumble. 

"Actually, you didn't. But that's okay." He ruffles up my hair and I swat him away. We all take a seat at the table. Harry cooked pasta for everyone. He was actually a pretty good cook. 

"Can I go back out to the trampoline after dinner?" Claire asks. I smile. 

"Only if one of the boys wants to go with you. I would, but I'm very tired," I tell her. She looks at each of them with her wide begging eyes. 

"Hazza, will you go on the trampoline with me?" she asks. Harry smiles at her. 

"Sure. Finish your dinner first though." She smiles and begins to quickly eat her pasta. I love that about the boys. They're all great with Claire and have no problem spending time to play with her.

"I think I'll head to bed," I say after I finish eating. I rinse off my dish and put it in the dishwasher. "Goodnight Claire-bear," I say, kissing her forehead. I hug each of the boys, saying goodnight to each of them as well. When I'm about to pull away from Niall he whispers something in my ear. 

"I'll probably be up tonight if you need me." I knew what he meant. In case I needed help getting back to sleep again. I nod. 

"Thanks," I mumble before going upstairs.