23: Lazy Day

It's not love that hurts. What hurts is being wounded by someone you love. 

"I'm exhausted," I state, plopping onto my back on the bed. I was already changed and showered. Now I just needed sleep. Crawling into bed I switched off the light, knowing that Niall still wasn't near the bed. 

"Hey! I need that on to see," he complains jokingly. I smirk. 

"Too bad. I need it off to sleep."

He flicked the light back on using the switch by the door. I frowned and flicked it off using the switch by the bed. He flicked it off. I flicked it on. Off. On. Off. On. Back and forth for almost five minutes before I finally groaned and covered my head with the blanket. 

"This is abuse," I mumble from under the sheets, making him laugh. He turned the light off finally and crawled into bed next to me. 

"No goodnight kiss?" he asks in a pouty tone. His question brings a smile to my lips that he couldn't see because I was still under the covers and the room was now dark. The moon shining through our hotel room window was the only source of illumination. I move the blanket so he could see my face and look up at him. He smiles down at me and pecks my lips. 

"Goodnight Nialler."

"Goodnight Lexi." 

"He's mine," said a familiar voice that I couldn't quite place. 

"What?!" I call out in response.

"Stay away from him. You don't deserve him."

"Who are you?" I still couldn't see them. I couldn't see anything. Just nothing but trees and woods.

"He deserves better. Someone more like me." I saw a flash of blonde hair that quickly disappeared into the green forest. What is going on? 

"What?" There was nothing but green surrounding me. 

"You don't deserve him....."

My eyes pop open. Niall was looking at me with his eyebrows furrowed. "Are you okay?" he asks me, looking very concerned. I take a deep breath and nod. 

"That was a really short dream....but it kind of scared me," I admit. 

"Do you wanna talk about it?" I bite my lower lip. Seeing my hesitation he pulls me closer to him. "You can tell me anything, you know that right?" 

"I know."

He looks at me. His face was a mix of confusion, sadness, and concern. I sigh and decide to tell him. 

"Some person that I couldn't see kept saying things like 'stay away' and 'you don’t deserve him' or 'he deserves better'." 

"No one is going to steal me away from you. I promise." There's that word again. Promise. 

"You're sure?" 

He nods his head and I hold up my pinky. He smiles and locks his pinky with mine. 

"I love you," I remind him. 

"I love you too." 

That night he sang me to sleep. I missed his voice. Even though now I could get back to sleep on my own without his singing, I still missed it. His voice sounded like an angel and I loved it. I needed it. 

~~~~~~~~

"We have an interview. Wake up," Zayn orders from the doorway of our hotel room. Niall groans but I feel him leave the spot next to me anyway. "Lexi...."