20: Preparing

Certain things are just worth waiting for.

The next morning I woke up to the smell of food. I open my eyes and see that Niall isn't next to me. I roll out of bed and wander over to the small kitchen area. My boyfriend was sitting at the table with a cart of room service by the door. He smiled when he saw me. 

"Morning babe." He gets up to hug me. 

"Good morning," I say, about to kiss his cheek. I stop myself and bite my lip instead, remembering our game. He smirks at me. 

"I ordered breakfast," he says, pointing to the cart of food. 

"Smells amazing." I grab a plate of pancakes from the cart and join him at the table. "So how about that surprise you mentioned the other day?" I ask as I cut up my meal. He grins. 

"You're gonna have to wait and see."

I groan in frustration and finish my breakfast. I place the dirty dishes back on the cart and noticed that Niall was now sitting in the living room watching TV.

I grinned to myself as I remembered last night. How he teased me and made me want to kiss him without actually giving in himself. Two could play at that game. 

Walking over to the couch, I sat on his lap. He looked surprised at first but slowly smiled.

 "Hi there," he says, wrapping his arms around my waist and pulling me closer.

"Hey," I reply in the sexiest voice I could manage. I lean my forehead against his and look into his eyes. He glanced from my lips to my eyes about a million times as I grinned. He looked conflicted.

I wanted one of us to lose this bet soon. It was killing me too. I just didn't want to be the one to lose. 

"Happy one month anniversary," I whisper into his ear. 

"This is so unfair," he says, smiling and shaking his head. I give a confused innocent look. 

"What are you talking about babe? I'm just playing the same game you are," I say, getting close to his face. Our lips were so close that if one of us moved we would surely kiss. I continued to smirk at him. He stared at my lips and swallowed. He shut his eyes tight and shook his head. 

"I am not giving in so soon," he said, a look of determination in his eyes. I sigh and back away a bit, staying in his lap but moving my head so it rests on his shoulder. "I don't like this game," he mumbles. I chuckle. 

"Me neither."

"Then why did you suggest it?"

"Because you're making me wait so long for this surprise," I reason. It seemed like a good idea at the time. I guess I hadn’t really thought things through. He rolls his eyes. 

"You know it's only because I love you," he says giving me a cheesy grin. I smile and roll my eyes. 

"And you're lucky I love you too," I say back to him, smiling. I wanted to kiss his cheek or something for being so damn adorable, but I couldn't. And I hated it.

"Hello! What’s going on? No kissing?" Zayn says as he bursts into our room. I chuckle. 

"Not yet," I admit. "He'll crack soon," I say, winking. 

"Oh really? And how do we know that I'll be the one to crack first?" Niall asks, smirking. 

"Because you even admitted it yourself," I shoot back at him smugly. 

"Maybe you'll be the one to kiss me first. Then what?" he says, poking my belly. I giggle and cover my stomach. 

"That tickles. Knock it off."