11: Tour Life

We'd all be happier if we just forgot the past.

"You were amazing!" Niall says as him and the other boys all come off stage. I blush.

"Thanks. I wasn't that great."

"Yes, you were. You were awesome. Forget photography, you need to be on stage more often," Liam insists. I playfully roll my eyes.

"You guys are just trying to make me feel better..."

 The entire ride home they complement me on my voice. I couldn't stop smiling after I left the stage that night. It truly was a thrill to be up in front of people singing like that.

When we get back to the hotel I change and climb into bed, exhausted.

"Goodnight Niall," I mumble, holding onto Ooboo my stuffed seal. I found him at a park once when I was younger and brought him home with me. Of course I washed him a millions times after, though. 

"Goodnight, Lex," Niall says back as I fall asleep. 

~~~~~~~

"Lexi....Lex, come on, it's time to get up......Alexis you need to get out of bed," I hear Niall's voice trying to wake me up. I groan. 

"Why?" I mutter. I was still half asleep as I pulled the covers up more so they covered my head. 

"We need to pack up our things. We're going to New Jersey. Our next tour stop."

I groan again. "What time is it?" 

"Seven. We need to leave in half an hour so get up." 

I sigh and finally get out of bed. As I get up to go brush my teeth I realize something. 

"Hey, Niall?"

"Yeah?" 

"Did I....wake up last night? I mean like, after a dream?" He smiles and shakes his head no. I stare at him. "Oh my god..." I breathe out. "That's the first time in...in three years..." He looks at me. A smile spreads across my face as I run up and hug him. "I didn't have a nightmare!" He chuckles and hugs me back. 

"I'm happy for you. I guess you have other things on your mind then," he says smiling. 

"I guess so," I smile back.

It's true. Lately I haven't had to worry as much about making sure I can afford food or making sure I can pay the bills. The boys take care of those things. The less I have to think about struggling to make money the less I think about why I have to struggle in the first place. 

I also have a happier life now. Things still aren't perfect and I doubt they ever will be. Things still aren't even good in my eyes with only having to rely on the boys for a lot of things (which I really don't like doing) but my situation is definitely better for Claire and I.