21: First Date

A smile is the best makeup a girl can wear.

As I find the end of the walkway I see lights. Twinkling lights. I look around and see a small table set up for a dinner and a small picnic basket on a blanket next to it. There was a candle in the center of the table and posts all around with sparkly lights hanging from each one. I gasp in shock at the amazing sight in front of me. 

"Surprised, princess?" I hear Niall say as his hand meets mine. I turn around with the biggest smile on my face. He twirls me closer into his arms. I bite my lip and look up at him smiling. "You look gorgeous." I take in his adorable tux. 

"You don't look so bad yourself." 

"Is our game still going?" he asks.

I shrug. "That depends. Are you about to lose?" 

"Maybe."

"Then yes. It's still going," I respond with a smirk. He rolls his eyes and wraps his arms around my waist, kissing me on the lips. I wrap my arms around his neck to pull him closer. I was so happy to be able to kiss him again. It lasted about six long seconds before he pulled away to talk. 

"I lose," he says in a sad voice, but a smile was fixed on his face. 

"Just to let you know," I say with a grin. "I was about to give in too." I wink at him and peck his lips again. He smiles and rolls his eyes. 

"I couldn't wait any longer." 

"Then I guess you're my slave for a day. Starting tomorrow." 

"I'm fine with that. As long as I'm allowed to kiss you whenever I want for no apparent reason." 

"And I'm fine with that." 

"Good."

"Good."

"Fine."

"Fine."

I end up giggling and rolling my eyes. He takes my hand and pulls me to the table.

"Hungry?"

I nod. He takes food out of the picnic basket and places it in front of our seats. I smile. 

"This is really nice," I comment. He smiles back at me. 

"It's our one month anniversary, and I never got the chance to take you out on a proper date. Our only day off all tour long. I thought I would surprise you." 

"You definitely surprised me," I assure him as we start to eat. 

During dinner we talk about various things. We kept the conversation going. I told him about my shopping trip at the mall and he told me about how he set up the whole dinner date. He had some help, but it still meant the world to me. No one, not even Jake, had ever done anything so sweet and romantic for me before. 

When we finished dinner he took my hand and smiled at me.

"Wanna go for a walk?" he asks. I smile back. 

"Sure." 

We walked down the beach holding hands. I missed Niall. Not being able to see him since this morning after spending all day with him every day on tour was painful. I didn't like being away from him. I wanted to spend every waking moment with Niall. If only he knew. 

I didn't notice I was staring at him until he looked down at me. 

"What are you thinking about?" he asks. 

"You," I admit sheepishly. He smiles and drapes his arm over my shoulder. He kisses my cheek. 

At the end of the night we leave everything where it is. Niall said he had a way to clean it all up later. We get into the car and drive to the hotel.