You didn't want them to see you cry, no matter how upset you were about being shipped off to another country. 

You made your way out to the front where the car was waiting for you, hugging your mom and dad tightly and saying your goodbyes.

You climbed into the car and waved at your parents from the rear window until they were completely out of sight, wiping away the tear that had finally rolled down your cheek.

-----

"We are now beginning our descent into Seoul Incheon Airport. Please stay seated with your seat-belts fastened until the flight attendants have turned off the fasten seat-belt sign. Thank you for choosing Kiltine Airlines."

You rubbed sleepily at your eyes, stretching and sitting up straighter in your uncomfortable plane seat.

You had slept most of the flight to Korea, only waking up once when the flight attendants came around with food.

You began to collect your things, packing them neatly back into your purse and double-checking you had everything you needed for customs.

Once you had landed and deplaned you made your way to the arrivals gate.

You got through customs pretty quickly and retrieved your suitcases from the baggage claim area only twenty minutes later.

You managed to put all your suitcases on the luggage cart and started rolling it in the direction of the pickup area at terminal 1.

Stopping just before the automatic doors out into a new world, you looked down at your letter from the South Korean Maelyeog Academy of Magic for the 1000th time, eyes scanning every word to keep yourself from disassociating;

-

Y/N,

    Congratulations! We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted to Maelyeog Academy of Magic beginning in August as a Second Year student. You can take pride in this accomplishment, for you have been selected as 1 of only 200 of the world's most talented and competitive gifted students.

    Our school was founded over two hundred years ago by Kim Kyung-soo, a legacy, and spearhead for gifted people all over the world. As the indisputable leader of magic education, MAoM is known for its exemplary elemental studies program and the outstanding achievements made by its faculty and students.

    We are ecstatic to be accepting you as one of a select few international transfer students. Please notify the admissions department with your flight information and our driver will meet you at Seoul Incheon Airport Terminal 1 accordingly.

    We look forward to meeting you and welcoming you to life at our academy. Please review the enclosed checklist of necessary books and equipment. As is stated in our admission requirements, every student must be in possession of their family grimoire during the duration of their studies starting from Second Year.

Yours Sincerely,

Choi Jung-soon

Director of Admissions

-

You folded the paper up and put it back inside your purse.

This place sounds like Hogwarts.

Or some rich boarding school only upper-class Affinists go to.