Blush

Tord Pov:

I continue to do paperwork as James just spins a dreidel that he made on the floor since I don't have anything for him to do right now.

"Do you like your life Red Leader?" James asks.

"Why do you ask?" I ask and turn my chair around part way to look at him.

"Well I bet being a army leader is stressful and I'm sure getting to a leader position was tough,"

"Getting to the position of leader was easy... It was the things I had to do to be fully given the position that was tough,"

"Isn't that the same thing?"

"No.." I look at the floor.

"You can tell me!" I look back at him and sigh.

"Well I was always going to get the position since the army is more of a inheritance thing, but the things my Father put me through as a child were just... dreadful..."

"What did he make you do?"

It's silent for a few long seconds, "Well he made me kick and punch things until my bones broke, he only let me drink protein shakes for meals, he barely ever gave me love like I heard a Father would give to to their children, and acted as if I was just another soldier in his army..."

"Oh... I'm.. I'm sorry that..."

"Well.. It's over now and I'm in power now.. So it doesn't really matter-"

"But it does matter! It's always mattered! Even if it's over it doesn't mean it wasn't something god awful that happened to you,"

"But it's just the past..." I look down.

I suddenly feel a pair of soft hands on both my cheeks and then I'm looking straight into Jameses glowing eyes...

"The past, the present, and the future are all important Red Leader. The past may be something you can't change but it's still just as important as the present and the future," James says and let's go of my cheeks leaving me blushing a bit.

I quickly look down, "O-okay..."

"Keep that in mind Red Leader," James gives me a smile which makes my blush grow and I go silent.

"Red Leader?-"

"I'M GOING TO GET BACK TO WORK NOW," I cut James off.

I spin my chair toward my papers swiftly and hide my face very close to the desk while I sign things in tiny writing.

"Cute," James says.

"SHUT UP!"

Third Person Pov:

"Move the- I miss- leg please- Red- Just move- Leader- the leg," Thomas chokes out in a mumbling whisper as he tries hard to focus on moving his knee. "Red Leader- Please- I love- come back- you,"

Thomas grunts and groans but then finally achieves his goal, moving his knee. He only bends it slightly, but it's still progress. He then lowers his knee once again since it takes work to lift it even if it's only the smallest bit.

He still can't control his eyes which he's also working on. He feels that his eyelids are already lifted up, but his eyes aren't powering on no matter what he does.

Thomas feels his energy slowly leaving him once again, so he relaxes and lets rest take over his numb body.

The darkness then conquers the room once again.