Birthday

Tord Pov:

I don't want to get up, but I know I have a army to take care of that won't force it's way out of my schedule any longer than it already has.

I slowly push my warm and comforting red bed blankets off me and get out of bed. I walk over to my closet and grab my usual army suit. I take a deep sigh before slipping my pajamas off and pulling all the daily clothes on with no enthusiasm for the new day involved like it usually would be.

I attach my walkie talkie on then go to grab Tom's remote from my night stand, but remember I left it in the workshop where Tom lays still. I sadly sigh and quickly wipe some tiny tears from my eyes before more can fall.

"Red Leader could you come down to the cafeteria? We need you," I hear Patryk say from my walkie talkie with a oddly cheerful voice.

I pull my walkie talkie off my belt and don't care about what it could be as I say, "Sure." I then walk out my bedroom door.

*Cafeteria*

When I turn the corner I immediately receive a, "SURPRISE!!!" I look up and see everyone in the army with the cafeteria looking like a birthday party- Oh wait.. What day is it?

Patryk walks over to me and gives me a bear hug, "And why do you think you can do that without permission?-"

"Remember Red? Your Mother made a unbreakable rule!" Patryk says pulling away but holding my shoulders.

"And what was that again?" I ask with no care whatsoever.

"That we all act as friends on the Leader's birthday! That means no commands, threats, or punishments!"

Paul blows a party horn with a thumbs up. Oh Right, it feels like forever since my birthday... I guess I forgot...

"Awe come on Red! Cheer up! You've always loved your birthday!" Patryk says letting go of my shoulders but still giving me a excited smile.

"Well I'm having a bad day and I don't want to celebrate," I say and slightly groan.

"You've been depressed for a long time Red. Let's just have fun for today then you can go back to moping,"

"I have not been-"

"Oh you have and we're changing that for today!" Patryk wraps a arm around my slouched shoulders and practically forces me to walk forward.

"We've prepared a special present for you today too!" Patryk says which makes my ears perk up when I hear "present".

"A present?!" I ask with a childish smile and excited gleaming eyes, now this has spiked my interest.

"Well we know that your Father didn't want you having gifts as a child, but we decided that now that he completely left the army we should change the rule about no gifts on birthdays!"

"Patryck my Father left the army when I was 18. I'm 24 now," I narrow my eyes at Patryk which makes him nervously smile.

"Well we didn't think about it before!" Patryk chuckles nervously.

"I really would've appreciated gifts before, PATRYK," I glare with annoyance.

"Well from now on we're giving you gifts!"

"Can I have the gift now-"

"Nope! You have to celebrate the whole day before you can have it!"

Ugh, "Can I at least have a hint?"

"Welllllll it's big,"

"Wow that's reeeeeeeealllly helpful Patryk,"

"Just call me Uncle Pat like you used to Lil Red,"

"Don't call me that,"

"WELL ALRIGHTY THEN!"

"Can we play dodgeball now?" Paul asks in his usually monotone voice.

"Yes! Let's get to that now!" Patryk says and runs away to probably get prepared.. Or to just get away from my gaze, either way he's already gone.

I sigh and look down, I feel a hand place itself on my shoulder making me look up to see Paul giving me a smile that I haven't seen on him in years.

"No matter what happens Tord, I'll always be your Uncle Paul and I'll always be proud of you," Paul says which makes me smile.

"Thanks... Uncle Paul," I say, feeling a little better.

"That's the spirit!" Paul wraps a arm around my shoulders which makes me finally laugh.

Maybe today won't be so bad...

Third Person Pov:

Meanwhile in the new daily darkness a consistent flicker of bright green shine and a shake of a limb can be seen with only a single eagles eye. With the smallest robotic whisper of a stuttering voice choking out in the saddest echo of the room...

"T-T-T-T..or -d-d.. C-C-Come b-ba-back-back.."

Then the constant flicker of light and shaking of a limb quickly fades back to absolute nothingness after only a few unheard words can be said...