fight me {mjf}

"Joey and Millie, clap clap clap clap clap." My brain chanted over and over again.  I walked over to the mirror and pulled the top half of my hair into a high ponytail. The rest of my fiery hair fell in waves around my face. The red lipstick made my green eyes and the white/black combo on my gear stand out even more. I looked myself in the eye and said "I. Am. A. Wrestler."I couldn't help but to giggle every time I said it, sometimes not even believing it myself. It had been three years since I started and now I was maineventing with Joey Ryan.  I wiped just a smidge of lipstick off and smiled to myself before turning to head to the guerrilla and find Joey.  "Oh. I'm so sorry, I was trying to find Joey-" I looked up from my phone and locked eyes with none other than Maxwell Jacob Friedman. "Oh, hi Max." I let my voice drip with sweetness. 

     "Yeah? Maybe you shouldn't be so blind and pay some fucking attention to where you're going." He said in the most condescending fashion.  

"Now, Maxy...that's just not very nice. I take back my apology." I pouted, stepping closer to him and rocking back and forth from my toes to my heels. 

    "You're such a genuine bitch." He said with just a hint of a smirk on his face. Fighting with MJF might be the highlight of my week. 

"Oh my goodness, my heart is broken. You're in a mood tonight, huh? How cute. Get your head out of your ass, baby boy. I'll see you out there." I blew him a kiss and skipped away. As I did, I could have sworn I heard him whisper "God damn." under his breath, but maybe that's just my ego. 

   "Hey! There you are." Joey spun me around. "We gotta blast, babe." He pushed a pair of big sunglasses over my eyes and pulled my ponytail tighter. 

"Well thank you, and hello to you too." I laughed before the music hit. 

    "You were too busy flirting with Money Bags to make it on time." He teased right as he popped a lollipop into his mouth. 

"Shut the hell up!" I pushed him.

   "Why? Cause I'm right?" He giggled and we stepped out together. I shook my ass a little for the crowd before letting Joey take the sucker from his mouth and put it into mine, licking it dramatically. 

"Ladies and gentlemen, from Los Angeles California, I give you the team of Millie Edwards and Joey Ryan!" The crowd instantly started chanting our names, before the ring announcer even got done.  I sat up on the turnbuckle with Joey nestled between my legs, waiting to see what shit Max could throw at me next. As much as I hated to admit it, I like fighting with him. I like how excited I get when we're only inches away from each other. I like his stupid tattoos and his better than you attitude. I like the way he'll give heat to the fans and he'll always act like it's a pain in the ass, but will always put you over. 

She came out first, some tiny brown haired girl I had never seen before. She stood up top and waited for MJF. She waited until he got to the top of the ramp and draped herself around him. Without thinking, I felt my nails dig into Joey's shoulder. "Woah there, Mil. What's that about?" He whispered to me. 

    "Nothing." I hissed. 

"Money Bags wants nothing to do with her, babe. You just focus on doing what we gotta do, okay?" My grip loosened, but the knot in my stomach didn't. Joey helped me off the turnbuckle and the bell rang. I let him go first, let him stand toe to toe with MJF because right now, I think I'd break his jaw. 

I no sooner had the thought before Joey slung him into our corner and set me up with a double team. I flipped across the ring, catching Max hard in the mouth. "Shit, Millie." He muttered. I don't think I'd ever heard Max say my name before. I wasn't going to let it get in my head though. I held the best of him for 10 minutes before I slung him into his own corner.