fighting for forever {pete dunne request}

"BLOODY HELL, IVY. WHAT DO YOU WANT ME TO DO? OKAY, I'M NOT JUST GOING TO QUIT WRESTLING."

"Peter. You're not even listening." I twirled my ring on my finger but never took it off.

"Tell me what you want me to do." It had been two weeks since I had seen him for more than a couple hours and he was leaving again in the morning. It was like the second we got engaged he wanted out the door as soon as possible. It didn't make sense, tell me you want to spend forever with me and then just vanish...

"Do you even want to mar- yanno what, I just want to go to bed. I don't have anything left in me to fight tonight. Goodnight, Peter. I love you." I turned on my heels and walked towards the bedroom.

"Ivy...." I stopped and leaned against the doorframe in the hallway. 

"Your flight leaves on Wednesday. I packed your suitcases, sent the info to the merch guy, got the NXT Strong Style and Bruiserweight shirts out. When you go to the meet and greet tomorrow don't forget the UK title. It's on the mantel in the den. I've got a meeting tomorrow and I need to know which final design you settle on to ship out for October. The website guys get antsy when they have to start answering emails. You can email me all the details or we can talk about it over coffee in the morning. Again, I love you."

"Ivy, stop. You're not my sales rep anymore, okay. You're going to be my wife..." He turned me around and held me by my shoulders until he saw the look in my eyes, he knew this time he had gone too far and wasn't going to be able to talk his way out of this one. He slowly moved his hands down to my waist.

"Really Pete? Because I think I saw you more when I was just your sales rep. I love you, Peter. This is our home, this is our life and you're never here...I know you're out there living your dream and doing things you never even dreamed of doing. Your one of Trip's Boys with your best mates, and you know I love your lads too. But when am I important, Pete...?"

"You think you're not important to me...?" He didn't get mad, he didn't swell. Instead, he shrunk and pulled in. "Ivy, my love..." he tilted my chin up, "I do this for us. I do this to give you things I think you want or need. I know it's my dream, but the more I'm gone is the more I can bring home to you." I wrapped my arms around his torso and held him close to me. We were two kids who didn't come from much and gave everything to build our own empires. "I asked you to marry me for a reason, and I'm not losing you over something like this. Tell me how to fix it, Ivy. Please, do you want me to stay home? I'll take two weeks off. I'll call the McMahons, it'll be okay. I will do anything for you, my love. Say the word and I'm there." He smoothed my hair down and kissed my head softly. His arms tightened around my body. Something told me he was afraid if he let me go, I would go pack all my things and leave. But he should know he means far too much to me for me to ever leave.

"I love you, Peter." I kissed him gently. "You can't just take two weeks off. The company will have a fit and beat you senseless. You're still leaving on Wednesday, champ. It'll be fine. You have three days off when you get back."

"I have an idea." He smiled at me, in an odd way I didn't too often see from him.

"What it is..?" I stepped back.

"Have you ever been to Florida?"

"No...?"

"That's even better, you leave on Wednesday." He kissed my lips slowly.

"What...what do you mean.."

"Come with me Ivy, please?!" He pushed his hair back, picking me up and then setting me back down as quick as possible. He did it so often when he thought he had come up with the solution to a major problem.