saving grace {dean ambrose}

"Ladies and Gentlemen, my guest at this time, Dean Ambrose." the camera cut to Dean as he moved in closer for our interview.
    "Now, Dean in recent weeks we've seen you slide away from the Seth Rollins picture so he could focus mre on Brock Lesnar. Is this the end of Seth and Dean?" I asked, professionally.
"Now, now, Kennedy..baby, I am FAR from done with Seth Rollins. This is just the beginning. But right now, I've got a match with Sheamus. Catch ya later, sweetheart." he blew a kiss and walked towards the arena. The camera cut off and I was left speechless.
     "Pick your jaw up, Kenz." Jordy, the camera operator said. "You always look like that after an Ambrose interview. He laughed and started walking to where we were supposed to meet Dean after the match. I do not, I don't even...like Dean. I mean yeah, he's cool to be around and fun at the bar, but I don't like him...like that. I shook it off and headed towards the back where we would meet Dean, Sheamus would come and they'd brawl for a minute.

I saw Dean begin to walk our way, smirk at me, wink and get back into character.
   "Dean, we just saw one hell of a match between.." I heard Sheamus coming, full speed to hit Dean with a brouge kick, only he missed and kicked me instead. My head bounced hard off the concrete floor, I felt fuzzy for a second, then it all went black.
"Ambrose, we need you to leave. We'll get you when she wakes up." Doc was telling him.
    "I'm awake." I said groggily.
"Aye, there she is. Now let me stay, Doc. C'mon." he smiled at him.
     "Fine." he said, deafeated before walking away.

"Hey, you sure you wanna be a broadcast correspondent? You can take a hit." he laughed. "You're tough as hell, that's for sure." he moved a piece of my hair off my face.
    "Careful it hurts like hell." I smiled weakly. He put his hand on top of mine.
"I feel awful, I really do..what can I do?" he asked
      "Just don't leave me here by myself, I hate any kind of doctors." I rubbed my thumb across his hand.
"Then you're gonna love when they put the stitches in." he said sarcastically. "I'll be here through it all, okay?" he smiled and squeezed my hand. Why...why was this crazy lunatic holding my hand while I lay in a bed with a giant hole in my head. Maybe Jordy was right...maybe I did like him.

"Kennedy, we gotta put some stitches in, you ready..?" Doc asked a few minutes later.
    "Guess so..." I said standing to the chair he motioned to. I put my head against the counter and held my hand out for Dean to hold.
"I got you." he said laughing, and those three words right there...sent butterflies through my stomach and made my heart beat faster.

It hurt like hell, and I'll be honest. I cried a good bit.
   "Taken like a champ." Dean said afterwards.
"I cried like a baby.." I laughed as we walked out of the arena.
     "Let me take you back to the hotel.." he stopped walking and looked at me in a new way, like he couldn't take his eyes off of me.
"Uh..yeah.." I smiled at him.
      "Yeah?"
"Yeah.." he opened my car door and I slid inside.
       "Favorite band?" he asked playing with the radio.
"Arctic Monkeys." I said without thinking.
       "I knew there was a reason I liked you." he smiled and turned the radio up.
We pulled up to the hotel and walked inside. There were mass amounts of media outside..even more than normal. "Hurry." Dean took my hand and pulled me through the crowd. One reporter got too close, and hit me in the head with his camera. "Fucking watch it." he pushed the guy away from me.
    "Uh..I'm sorry for sounding so rude back there. I tend to get protective over those that I care about, especially when I've already hurt them once tonight.
"It wasn't your fault, it's fine really." I grabbed his face and made him look at me. "Honestly it's fine."
    "Okay." he smirked down at me.
"Don't smirk at me like that." I giggled.
     "You're just so damn adorable."
I yawned as we stepped into the elevator. "I'm so tired." I laid my head on his shoulder, at first his body tensed them relaxed and he wrapped his arms around me, kissing the top of my head. We got to the floor we were staying on.
     "What room?" he asked looking down the long hallway.
"Uh, 385. With Eden. But she's probably with Cody." I hoped he would get my hint.
      "Do you care if I...stay with you then?" he said. Oh my god. The man of my (quite literal) dreams just asked to stay here..."I mean, just to make sure your head's okay." he smirked.
"Oh of course. I mean..you owe me that much." I smirked and took out my room key. "Woah..." I stumbled into the room, suddenly dizzy and feeling like I can't stand straight.
     "I gotcha." Dean just guided me to the bed, his hands resting on my waist.
"Why are you being so sweet to me?" I asked laying down.
       "I told you, I watch out for those I care about. Take these." he handed me a pill. I asked no questions and just took it.

A little while later, I felt no pain and had no filter. Dean was sitting on the couch watching TV when I sauntered into the room. "Kennedy..go lay back down. You're tired." he expected me to listen, please.
    "No, why would I sleep when the hottest guy in the business is in my hotel room?"
"Kennedy..." he laughed.."Baby," he said pulling me into his lap. "You're messed up on the medicine I gave you...or I promise..your clothes would be torn off and we wouldn't be talking." he smirked that smirk at me, and gently placed his hand on the side of my face. His thumb traced my lips.
      "It's not fair." I pouted and laid my head on his shoulder.
"What's that baby?" he asked laughing.
        "I want you soooo bad. But...But..I can't have you and I just wanna kiss you and..." I stopped talking, smiled up at him and slowly began kissing his neck.
"Kennedy." his hands relunactly pushed me away.
         "Dean. Don't you want me?" I felt like I was about to cry.
"I want you so much, princess. Thats why we're not doing this now. Okay?" he kissed my head, picked me up and carried me to the bed. "I'll stay on the couch okay? Goodnight, beautiful." he said gently fixing my hair.
       "Dean. Wait." I said sleepily, the medicine fully kicking in. "Stay, please. I won't do anything..I'm just sleepy."
"Yeah. Alright." he went to the other side of the bed and laid next to me. I took my invite and curled up on his chest. "Get some rest. I'll be here in the morning." he kissed the top of my head and I slowly drifted to sleep. "You're so fucking cute.." his chest rumbled with his low laughter. "..I'm glad I got you kicked in the head, to be quite honest. I'm sorry it hurt you, but I'm glad this is where it ended up." he pulled me tighter to him and nuzzled into his chest more. After a moment, when I was actually awake, I started leaving little kisses on his chest.

"Good morning, beautiful." he said tilting my chin up.
"Morning." I smiled. Then last nights events flooded back to mind. "I am so sorry. I...I normally wouldn't have been that way. I'm so so sorry."
   "Don't be! It made me laugh, besides you were honest." he pulled me back close to him. "I was too, but I'd do that now." he laughed again.
"Dean." I said softly.
   "Yes darlin'?" he ran his hand up and down my back.
"I like you. I really like you." I said looking up at him.
     "Ya think so?" he smirked.
"Know so." I smiled back, sitting up in his lap.
      "Good, cus I like you too." he smiled pushing me down on the bed and pinned my wrist. His kiss was slow and loving. "I like you enough to ask you this..." he smirked. "Will you be my girlfriend?" he asked.
"Yeah. Yeah, I will." I smiled and pulled him back down to me, kissing him hard.
    "What do you say we skip today and have a little fun with each other."
"Deal." I laughed kissing him and letting my hands roam.