chapter 35: family reunions

After a wonderful time in the bookstore, reality hit that Kian soon gets to meet the entire family. Siblings were something Kian knew how to do because he had quite a few, but these weren't the normal close siblings. No, you had major problems, all of them were cocky and loyal to your mother. You left for a good reason and the mini family reunion was not exactly ideal.

Regardless, Kian still kept a bright face on and tried to help you enjoy your stay as much as possible. Your mom liked him which was shocking considering Kian wasn't like your father who was a working man, the same as your mom who worked hard and built herself up from nothing, so the youtube and online personality wasn't the job she looked for in another man. 

While back at the apartment it was mostly quiet, Kian and you sat in your bedroom and did your own things. The tv in the back mumbled the weather, the house was never this quiet it was almost eerie. 

You get up and make your way to the bathroom, "I'm going to go shower real quick, ill be out in like five minutes." You say.

Kian looks up from his computer and smiles at you, his teeth glow behind the computer screen giving a reflection. "I could join," He says trying hard to not laugh.

"Oh give me a break" You respond, sometimes you wonder how you even ended up with Kian.

The shower begins to spit out the water, immediately causing the bathroom to steam up. After washing your hair thoroughly the door creaks open and Kians voice echos on the tile.

"Why do you shower like you're in the middle of hell?" He ask's

"I like it hot," You reply back

"Okay, Satan." He teased back

The fogged up glass door opens and suddenly Kian is standing next to you partially towering over you. 

"You jackass, I thought you were joking," You say to him

"Shut up for a second" He mumbled, his voice low.

His lips slammed into yours immediately after, surprising you quite a lot considering he was so quiet once he stepped in. His hands drag from the small of your back down to your hips. the steam fills the shower, even more, making it hard for you to see. Kian doesn't seem bothered by it, he keeps going and lets his hands explore your body.

as soon as you break Kian smiles and has a hazy look in his face.

"What was that about?" You ask trying to keep a straight face.

"Nothing," he replies.

The two of you wash up and get out, your clothes are casual but semi-dressy, while Kian's were more dressy. It was obvious that he wanted to impress everyone. 

Your heart thumped with every passing second, it was an entire dinner with judgmental people who you haven't seen in years. But it would be okay, just awkward. 

The aroma of food filled up the apartment, you haven't eaten this well in a while. it was a whole swirl of emotions. You felt uncomfortable in your own house but you wanted to be here, with things that tasted homey and warm. It started to hurt your head.

Once everyone stopped digging into their food, your mother broke the silence. 

"So Kian, How's everything in California?" She asked, her glass pressed up against her lips.

Kian looked a little stunned, almost like someone just revealed his biggest secret in front of him.

"It's fine, I enjoy the warm weather and I like making videos, I know it's not professional but I'm able to profit from it while doing something I love," Kian said calmly.

She turned to you next, "Y/n, how is your financial life going for you?"

"Perfectly stable Mom" 

The dinner ended eventually after long silence of what seemed like forever. Your mom called you into her room after. 

"What's wrong?" You asked, this has never happened before since you moved out. 

"I'm sorry, I haven't been good to you. I know it's confusing but I just want you back here. It breaks my heart you moved away from me."

"Mom, It was what was best for me, I love it there its my home now. You can call me you know, and actually have conversations not be petty."

"I know, I just want you back, you could so benefit from all the connections I have, your siblings are leaving the nest I need someone to be here with me."

You exhaled softly, It never makes sense to what goes through this woman's head. Goes from hating you to wanting you to be her little baby girl again. 

"I'll call you weekly and I'll make sure to fly out here when I can, just let me live my life now everything is going so great." you said

She frowned but opened her arms out, inviting you for a hug. You fell into her arms, this was foreign to you after being gone for so many years. you could hear her sniffle every once in a while. This lifted the weight from you, you finally felt like you could breathe again.

Back in your own room you had all your luggage ready to go for the morning, Kian was lying in bed on his computer reviewing his content. You climbed in next to him placing your head on his chest. 

He smiled at you and kissed your forehead lightly.

"I love you," he said.

"I love you too Kian" you replied back drowsy. 

You fell asleep in that position and the world to you just seemed like it was aligning in place, suns, stars, and moons. Just for you.

____a/n

I cannot live with this not being finished lol. its been years and i wanna get to the ending I had planned 3 years ago.