Chapter 30: Welcome home

Kian is sitting in his bed looking better than ever, his bags are packed and the discharge forms played next to him filled out in blue pen.

"I'm so excited Ki, you say placing a gentle kiss on his cheek.

"Oh my god I can't wait to see hazey," Kian says smiling.

"Okay, well we can leave whenever you're ready, so when you want to leave jus-" you began to say 

"NOW!" kian says getting up from the bed and making his way to the door with the clipboard in hand.

You laugh to yourself and follow behind him. You escort him to your car, starting it Kian grabs your hand

"Thanks for not letting me go mentally insane in that hospital" he looks you directly in the eye

"You're welcome, I mean that's what I'm for," You say smirking at him.

He laughs and ruffles your hair a bit, you start the car telling Kian all about how Hazey has been much nicer on walks and learned not to chase down anything that moves. 

Pulling into the driveway there's a different car, it's not anyone's in the household and kian looks confused as well as you do.

He studies it a little more "I don't know whos car that is, maybe Jc has someone over?" 

You shrug and leave the car kian following behind you being cautious. You twist the handle and see a skinny figure, a brunette turns around.. much older than everyone in the room.

"WELCOME HOME KIAN" Everyone shouts, kians mouth turns into a smile. he hugs everyone and moves to the brunette last. 

"Mom, this is y/n"

Your heart stops, you look over at Jc, his face flushed with red trying not to laugh. You shoot Jc a look of help me please which makes him laugh even more. You hold out your hand to Mrs. Lawley, she doesn't do anything for the first seconds.

"I'm family y/n, we don't shake hands"

It felt good to have Kians mom say that, considering you haven't talked to your parents since you moved out to LA. She pulls you into a hug holding it for a while. You break apart and smile.

"So nice to finally meet your Mrs. Lawley"

"You too y/n, Kian has expressed how much you mean to him and has told me so much about you," She says holding your shoulder.

You settle down, everyone sits down drinking from red cups and eating the appetizers sprawled across the kitchen and living room. The moment was perfect, you had everyone together for once not arguing or pulling pranks on each other.

Kian interlaced his fingers with yours and you leaned your head on his shoulder.

"I love you y/n" his says softly

"I love you too Ki," you reply

------------

Hey!! sorry for the short chapter I'm working on big things for this story!