Another Day, Another Beating

PETER'S POV

The alarm goes off as usual at 5 in the morning. I open my eyes instantly and rush to turn it off to avoid beatings. I look over to my right and see that Via is still out cold with Harley in her arms. 'He must've had another nightmare.' I think as I go to wake them up so we can get to work. We have to get up not only for school, but to do our chores. Most kids here at Ms. Levy's do there chores after school, but not us. We do our chores in the morning so we can go on patrol after school.

Oh yeah I forgot to mention. We're the Spiderlings. I'm Spider-Man, my twin sister Olivia is Spider-Woman, and our little brother Harley is Spider-Boy.

I gently shake Via and Harley awake so we can quietly get our chores done. Harley wakes up first and helps wake up our sister by slapping her in the face.

"Ow! Harley what-" Via is about to scold him before she sees the time.

"You weren't waking up and we have to get to work." Harley explains before Via can get mad.

"You couldn't have done it in a less violent way?!"

"No. I was shaking you for five minutes!" I laugh when Via rolls her eyes.

"Alright you two muttonheads. Get out and let me change before we start working."

We have a system in the morning. While Harley and I start our chores, Via gets changed for the day, then when she starts her chores Harley and I go to change. Harley tiptoes downstairs to grab the broom to sweep, while I head to the boys washroom. The rule here is that the oldest kid has to clean the washroom. Before it became my chore, it belonged to a kid named Wade. But he turned 18 and got out of the system with his girlfriend Vanessa. Then it became my job. It's Via's job to clean the girls washroom, since now we're the oldest.

Olivia came downstairs dressed in a black tank top and dark blue ripped jeans. I whispered for Harley as we quietly snuck back upstairs. I put on a blue shirt with a plaid collar while Harley wore a blue sweatshirt under a brown jacket. We packed our bags with our school stuff and the suits Harley sewed for us. We quietly went back down and placed our bags at the front door. By this point a few other high school age kids were up making breakfast or getting ready for school. I saw Via come out of the girls bathroom and place the cleaning supplies at the top of the basement stairs. A 12-year old girl, Ally, called out saying breakfast was ready. We walked into the kitchen and grabbed food, thanking Ally since she got up earlier than the rest of the elementary school kids to make food. We finished eating and gave our dishes to Jack to wash. By this point is was 7:15, giving us forty-five minutes to catch the bus and get to school.

We rushed out the door and made our way to the bus station that would take us from Queens to Midtown, where our school was. The three of us go to Midtown School of Science and Technology. Harley is technically still in grade eight, but got moved up early when the principal of his elementary school noticed his academic strength. So Harley is in his freshman year. Via and I are sophomores. We say goodbye to Harley and went our separate ways. Via and I approached our lockers where Ned and MJ, our best friends, and Flash, my ex-bully and Via's boyfriend waited for us. Flash is my ex-bully because he used to bully me but had a painfully obvious crush on Via, so he asked her out and she said she would only go if he stopped giving me crap. We've been pretty cool since then.

"Hey losers." MJ greeted in her usual monotone style.

Ned and I did our handshake while Via pulled MJ to the side and whispered something in her ear. Next thing us guys know MJ and Via are booking it to the girls washroom. Flash and Ned didn't seem to have any clue as to what was going on, but I did.

"Yo, what's up with Oli?" Flash asked confused. Oli was Flash's nickname for her. Only he was allowed to call her that and Ned and I were fine with it.