Chapter 29

Mani's P.O.V

"Can we at least leave the state?" I ask Lauren. I know she's not really into the vow renewal so I'm trying to make it into a mini vacation to get her involved but that's not really working.

"Can we not do this at all?" She says as I run my fingers through her hair.

"Why are you always so difficult?"

"If I were easy our marriage would suck." I roll my eyes and she turns her head towards me for the first time since she laid her head in my lap. She's really been watching TV.

"Let me think about it." She says.

"I don't know why you fight me on things like this. I always win." She furrows her eyebrows and I chuckle.

"You don't win anything. I let you do what you want so you'll get off my back. Your persistence is annoying as hell."

"And so is your stubbornness." She rolls her eyes and turns her head back towards the TV.

"Red or Green?" Aiden says as he walks into the living room holding a red polo shirt in one hand and a white and green stripped shirt in the other.

"Where are you going?" This kid doesn't stay in the house for anything. Every Friday or Saturday night he's doing something.

"Date?" Lauren adds and Aiden smiles and looks down almost bashfully.

"Uh...yeah. I asked out Christina."

"It took you like a month to finally do it. Congratulations." Lauren says and his smile grows but he rolls his eyes.

"Okay, give us the details. What happened?" I ask.

"Yesterday in the locker room I heard this guy talking about asking her out. I asked her if she would be interested in him and she said she might because they have math together and he seems really nice so...I just asked her out."

"And she just said yes? I told you no one says no to a Jauregui." Lauren says and I roll my eyes.

"She actually laughed." He says.

"She laughed?" I ask. He nods his head then continues.

"She thought it was a joke but when I told her I was serious...she said no."

"I'm getting confused. Skip to her saying yes because she said yes right?" Lauren asks and Aiden nods his head in response.

"Yeah. She didn't want to mess up our friendship but she text me later that night and said yes."

"Okay, good happy ending." Lauren says.

"Yeah now red or green."

"Red. It's nice with your complexion." She says and Aiden nods slowly.

"Okay, ma?" He looks to me and I shrug.

"Go with red I guess." I say and he leaves the room.

"It goes with his complexion?" I ask and Lauren shrugs.