Capítulo 3 (tres)

Comincia dall'inizio

Perhaps, I was to use such opportunity to slip quietly into the city because, yes, I came here with no plan of disguise at all. 'You deal with your problems without me if they catch me' flashed through my mind as I cursed the damned boy in my head, slipping on the hood of my coat at least as a try and slipped into the loud crowd.

It went faster than I thought and if my heart wasn't beating fast enough before, it most certainly started then when I noticed army components checking some of the new-comers. With a terrible curse escaping me, I realized I could, once again, tag along and after picking my victim, I stopped my horse behind them.

"¿Él está contigo?" the man-in-arms asked, giving the hideous me a suspicious look and before the one I tagged along with could say anything, I nodded and the probably very naïve man noted something and let us go. Once he gave "us" a green light, I basically kicked the horse into her weaknesses and she began to dash through the many people and onto an unknown street.

With half of the nervousness gone, I pulled the leather reins to me and shifted my weight on her lower back, the animal automatically slowing to a steady, fast-paced walk. A sigh left me as I strode down street after street, trying to find that one certain house Antonio told me about. And after an hour or so, when the sun took its leave, I seemed to find it.

Knocking on the front door was a straight no, so I went around and found the entrance for servants, knuckles sounding against the hard wood. Just seconds later, it was opened by a young lady, whose charm could get under any man's skin. "¿Señorita Noor?" my voice came out raspy and dry, probably from not drinking enough water for the past few hours. Her blonde hair bounced as she nodded, fixing some of it behind her ear and her deep, light green eyes sparkled. "Una carta para ti."

After unfolding it, her bright pools scanned the paper and she nodded with a frown crossing her beautiful face. "Esperame en el pub cercano, estaré allí alrededor de las nueve," her sweet-as-honey voice whispered and with that, the fairy lady was gone from my sight. Blink blink did my eyes before glancing at the silver pocket watch I always carried with me; 7:47 showed the watch and my shoulders slumped.

Taking the horse by her reins, I dragged her to the said near-by pub already full of people. Leather wrapped around a banister, I rode down the wooden side of it with back pressed against it. How I managed to both not fall asleep and kill the waiting time is for me until this day anonymous but soon, the great tower watch announced nine and less than five minutes later, Noor stopped her heels in front of me.

"¿Debemos?" with a light motion of her head towards the lively building, I stood up and hurriedly followed her tiny frame right up. After sitting down, the light brightening her features, I noticed her hair having a brownish shade on the edges, being now held back with a dark-green ribbon. My daydreaming was soon interrupted by the lady in front of me; "¿Como es el?"

The question caught me off guard and took me good few moments to realize who she was asking about. "Bien, podría decir," my simple statement seemed to please her as a small smile creeped onto her cat-like lips. "Agradable de él ponerse en contacto después de todos esos años," she said in a light-hearted voice and folded her hands in her lap. Maybe it was the long pause or my questioning look because she quickly continued, "Le tomó mucho tiempo escribir a una amiga de la infancia."

Seriously, either I was already so old to forget everything or Antonio kept more secrets from me because this was truly confusing and annoying me. Her laugh, however, made my heart flutter. "You probably don't remember me," Noor sighed playfully as she slipped into English. "We often played in the royal garden, secretly, of course." 'I honestly give up on him' I mentally sighed. "And Diederik always tagged along even though he wanted to show his hate towards it," she beamed again. I cocked an eyebrow at the name but didn't ask any further as it I've given up on knowing more.