C H 2 7

I walk down the stairs, having gotten the Advil from my room. As I reach the bottom of the stair case I hear fighting coming from the living room. What the fuck? I'm not in shape to be fighting.

As I walk over to the living room, I see Diego and Hazel fighting. I also see Five sitting on the bar-stool, sipping a margarita. Again, what the fuck?

"You know, before you kill him, you might wanna hear what he has to say." I walk around the fighting two, knowing that if this was a serious fight Five wouldn't be casually sitting there. I walk up to him and take a seat on his left side.

"Do I want to know?" I ask tiredly. I turn behind me and see Dolores has a margarita as well. Five turns to me, as Hazel and Diego continue their fight.

"Probably not. Do you want a margarita?" I watch as Diego flips himself back up and pulls out a knife. 

"I'm gonna kill you for what you did to Patch." Diego lunges towards Hazel, swinging his knife.

"No thanks, I'm good." Five hums and looks back to the fighting pair.

"So why is he in the house?" I question gesturing to Hazel. "Last time he was trying to kill us."

"Don't know. Diego interrupted before I could find out." Five takes another sip from his margarita. 

Diego proceeds to stab Hazel in the thigh, drawing out a yell from Hazel. I wince and Five inhales sharply. God, that has to hurt. I cross my arms and continue to watch.

"That's gotta hurt." I nod in agreement to Five's statement.

Hazel punches Diego in the face, causing him to stumble away. I would intervene, but the cut on my face could open again, and I really don't want to have it stitched up again.

"How long have they been fighting?" I ask Five, who continues to watch the fight with a lack of interest.

"Not long." Five states.

Hazel pulls the knife out of his thigh and Diego runs up to him again. He starts to punch him and then does this weird flip that kicks Hazel in the face.

"Show off." I scoff at Diego. Hazel gets in control of the situation by picking up Diego, but then Diego starts to bit Hazel's ear.

I nudge Five. This has kind of gone too far. He hands me his margarita and teleports to be behind Diego. He then smashes a glass against his head, knocking Diego out. He drops to the floor and Hazel slowly recovers.

"I draw the line at biting." Five walks back over to the bar. "Hazel, whatever you came here to say, I suggest you make it quick, before he comes round."

Five comes back to his seat and sits down. I hand him back his margarita, which he thanks me for.

"I left my partner, quit the Commission, came to volunteer." Hazel continues to brush glass off his jacket. He widens his eyes slightly as he recognizes me, sitting next to Five. Who knows if it was just because I am here or because of my bandages?

"For what?"

"To help stop the apocalypse." Five chuckles into his drink and I snort slightly. Little bit too late on that buddy.

"What on earth could be so funny to you right now?"

" Before I answer that, why do you want to help us?" I cross my arms as Five questions Hazel. He takes a moment to think, so I feel the need to chime in.

"You were trying to help ensure the apocalypse a few days ago, so what the fuck changed?" I ask.

"Let's just say I have a vested interest in a doughnut shop." Do I want to know what that means?