C H 2 1

I follow Klaus, as he walks down the hall. He hasn't explained what he needs help with, but he did say we need someone else's help too. Klaus is holding rope, which makes me a little nervous. I hope we don't have to do anything too dangerous, but knowing my luck, we will.

 Eventually we reach Diego's doorway and Klaus stops. His door is open. Do any of the siblings ever close their door?

"Ah, shit." I look inside the door, to see Diego trying to tie his shoe. 

"Hey." Klaus says softly. I wave to Diego. He is obviously having trouble with tying his shoe, since one of his arms is jacked up.

"Hey. You, uh... you mind?" Diego asks, knowing he won't be able to tie his shoe up. Klaus walks into the room, but I stay in the doorway. Diego's room is already kind of small.

"I'll... I'll tie that up. If you tie me up after." Klaus tells Diego this. I raise my eyebrows. Is this what Klaus wants help with? He wants us to tie him up? Klaus tosses the rope he is holding to Diego. He catches it and looks at Klaus and I with a confused look.

"Come again?"

"You know, last time I was sober was that roaring good time when those freaks had me tied up in the motel room." I look at Klaus' back. I remember how he had been. Klaus was suffering so much, when we were in that motel room. He had been talking to people that weren't there, most likely ghosts. Why does he want to be sober again? Does this have something to do with his time travel to the past?

"Wow. You are one twisted bonehead."

"I don't think that is why he wants us to tie him up, Diego." I cross my arms.

"Why? You're the one who's always like, 'Klaus, you need to get sober, bro.'" Klaus explains to Diego, nodding his head slightly. 

"There's better ways to get clean, bro." Diego deadpans to Klaus. 

"Not for me, no." Klaus says this, and I feel pity rush me. Klaus really wants to get sober. Something had so obviously happened in his trip to Vietnam, that he needed to get sober. No doubt he wants to talk to someone.

"I need someone to take away my options. I already have Ester willing to help, but she isn't a dick like you. She would untie me as soon as I ask, but you won't." 

"Thanks, I guess." I say to Klaus. I guess I should take not being called a dick as a compliment.

Diego sees the desperation in Klaus for Diego to tie him up and help him get sober. I give Diego an expectant look. He better help his brother.

"Fine."

"Okay. Thank you." Klaus places a hand on Diego's arm, as a sign of thanks.

"Okay, can you help me?" Diego points down to his shoe that still needs to be tied. Klaus leans over to tie his brother's shoe.

"Yeah. Yeah. Okay."

Diego looks over to me, questions in his eyes. I shrug my shoulders. I never know or understand Klaus, and I don't think I ever will. I can only support him. Klaus quickly stands up, finishing tying Diego's shoe.

"Alright, let's go." Klaus helps his brother, grabbing his hand to pull him off the bed. Diego stands up. Klaus walks to the door, Diego in tow. I walk into the hall.

"So where are we going to tie you up?" I ask Klaus as Diego holds onto the blue rope. 

"The attic."

We walk to the stairs that lead to the attic. Klaus in the front, me in the middle, and Diego in the back. We finally reach the stairs that go up into the attic. Diego looks down at me and whispers.