C H 2 6

The two cars finally come screeching to a halt in front of the Umbrella Academy. Luther and Klaus jump out, and Luther opens the backseat to pick up Allison. While Klaus and Luther are dealing with Allison, Diego and Five work together to carry a barely conscious Ester inside.

Once inside, the group finds Grace and Pogo, and they get to work.

Allison is placed on a medical gurney, as well as Ester. Five remains by Ester's side, trying to make sure she doesn't fall asleep.

When Grace walks in, having prepared all of her medical equipment, Ester weakly waves in Allison's direction.

"Help her first. I can hold on a bit more."

While Grace walks over to Allison's unconscious and bleeding body, Ester lays on the gurney, and continues to whisper to Five in an effort to stay awake. Ester gives Five's hand a soft squeeze, knowing that her pain was continuing on.

Ester could hear Grace talking to the guys about Allison, but she couldn't find it in her to properly listen. Everything felt out of place, like it was slowly becoming hazy. 'Is this what dying really feels like?'

Five begins to snap in Ester's face, knowing she was starting to go out of it.

"Ester, you have to focus."

"I'm... trying." Ester trails, trying hard to keep awake. Five rushes around to connect an IV to Ester, knowing everyone-else is busy dealing with Allison.

"Hey...if I die... will you take care of my English Ivy plant?"

Five nearly stumbles as he hears that, snapping his head to Ester who is struggling to keep her eyes open. He regains himself quickly and puts the needle for the IV into Ester's arm.

"Don't fucking talk like that Ester. You are going to survive."

Ester doesn't say anything as she watches with hazy eyes, as Five rushes around her, trying to do what he can until Grace gets done with Allison. She sighs weakly, knowing that she went a little too far.

"I'm sorry... it's just..."

Ester is cut off by Diego approaching her gurney, looking a little pale.

"Hey, kid."

"Hey, Diego. Why so... pale? You almost look as bad as me." Ester trails off slightly during her sentence, still trying to keep consciousness. Both Five and Diego look down at her, worry coating their faces. Grace needs to get done with Allison fast, or else Ester may not make it.

"Thanks, kid. I gave some blood." Five nods his head in Diego's direction. He had been listening to the conversation going on around Allison, while talking with Ester. Diego and him were the only ones who could properly give blood, and Diego had given up a lot. Five knows Ester will need blood, no doubt with how bad she is bleeding. He can only hope that Ester's blood type will work out. Five is willing to give up as much blood as Ester needs to survive.

"Well... that's fun..." Ester trails, both tired and having nothing to think of. She starts to think about how talking is too much work.

Five grips on Ester's hand again, hoping that Ester can hold on a bit longer. He turns to Diego, as Ester begins to softly fiddle with his hand, trying to keep awake.

"Is she almost done?" Five asks Diego, desperately trying to find out how much longer he needs Ester to hold on. Five is worried for both Allison and Ester, but Ester is starting to worry him with her talk of dying.

"Almost." Diego says looking at Ester, whose face is mostly covered by a blanket wrapping. Diego could only hope that both Allison and Ester could make. It would have tried to sewn up Ester, but she was given a deep cut on the face, which is an extremely dangerous and hard place to sew up. Grace is the only one that could do it.