C H 1 6

Everything hurts as I wake up. My chest hurts the most, along with all the bruises I'm sure that are now all sorts of colors.

My hand is in a secure grip with another's. As my mind is coming out of its haze, I recognize Five's and Luther's voice.

"So... you were a hitman?" I hear Luther softly say. I feel the grip on my hand tighten slightly, as if Five is comforting himself.

"Yes." Woah, what did I miss when I was dying? I know Five told me that he had also gone somewhere else, after his time in the apocolypse, but he had never told me exactly. Is this what he had done, after he got out of the apocalypse? Became a hitman?

"Uh, I mean... you had a code, right? You didn't kill just anybody?"

"No code. We took out anyone who messed with the timeline."

"What about innocent people?"

"It was the only way I could get back here." Pity strikes me in the heart, as I hear Five say that. He had gotten stuck in the apocolypse, and then to get out of that he had to become a hitman, all to save our sorry asses.

"But that's murder." If my eyes were open, I would roll them. Luther needs to grow up, and that was coming from a 15 year old girl.

"Jesus, Luther, grow up. We're not kids anymore" What the fuck. Can Five read minds now, too?

I feel Five slightly adjusting his hand, but not letting go of his grip. He is sitting on the floor. God, he has to be uncomfortable, but I do find solace in the fact he hasn't let go of my hand. It kept me from worrying too much.

"There's no such thing as good guys or bad guys. There's just people going about their lives." I feel my mind finally catching up to my body and I squeeze Five's hand.

"No black and white, just shades of grey." I croak out, my voice hurting. Just like every other part of my body, I guess.

I feel the grip on the hand drop, but quickly return as Five moves to stand up. I slowly blink my eyes, as Five enters my view.

"You look shitty," I say to him. His hair was a mess, like he had ran his hand through it a hundred times. His eyes had bags underneath, showing he hadn't gotten any sleep.

He looks down at me, still gripping my hand. Not even rolling his eyes or scoffing. Wierd.

All of I sudden I feel arms gently wrap around me, minding the wound on my chest.

"Woah." I had been thrown off, not expecting Five to hug me. I had expected an sarcastic response, something Five like. I wasn't expecting a gentle hug.

His arms felt nice. I felt protected. It was a nice feeling. I hadn't felt fully protected ever since my mom left me with Reginald, but the hug Five was giving me, gave me a sense of protection.

Five quickly retracts his arms, still being careful of my wounds. His hand goes back to grasping mine. Little odd, but okay.

"Are you feeling okay?" I hear Luther ask.

I look over Five's shoulder, at Luther who stood tall. "I'm feeling just peachy. A little bit of pain everytime I breath, really brings me to life, you know."

Luther doesn't know how to respond to my fluent sarcasm. Five interrupts Luther from saying anything in return.

"Really, are you okay? No sarcasm or being a smartass."

"Overall, I guess. I mean I'm feeling some pain, but I did get tortured. Pain does usually follow torture."

Five rolls his eyes, and sits on the bedside. There's the normal Five I know.