C H 9

I stand across from Doctor Lance, next to Five, as we watch him shuffle through his files, looking for the one we requested. Klaus, with his face still bloody from smashing the snow globe on his head, sat on the desk. I have no idea why no one was staring at us, with how odd our group  looks.

The doctor eventually finds the file he was looking for and pulls it out. He then begins to flip through it, but stops on a certain page. He looks up at Klaus and then back down at the paper.

"Oh, that's strange," the doctor says. That can't be good.

"What?", Five questions.

"Uh the eye. It hasn't been purchased by a client yet," the doctor responds. Klaus hops off the desk to stand close to the doctor, making him uncomfortable.

"What? What do you mean?", Klaus begins to circle the poor doctor. I would laugh at how the doctor looks, but I have a feeling the news we were about to receive would be no laughing matter.

"Well, uh, our logs say that the eye with that serial number... This can't be right. It hasn't even been manufactured yet. Where did you get that eye?"

Five sighs sadly, realizing the eye wouldn't help him stop the Apocalypse at all. I look down, realizing us coming here had been worth nothing.

"It's a dead end," I mutter, tiredly. "We just need to look somewhere else. There has to be clues, so we can stop this," I say under my breath, to Five.

Five doesn't say anything.

We leave the building, obviously not needing to be in it anymore. I look around as I try to think of where to go from now.

" Well this isn't good," Five says once we get outside. I normally would say something sarcastic in return, but I knew I more than likely shouldn't.

"I was pretty good, though, right? 'Yeah. What about my consent, bitch?'" Klaus says, enthusiastically, obviously still pumped up from his acting in the building.

I smile at him, but say nothing. Five didn't feel the same way about Klaus' enthusiasm though.

"Klaus, it doesn't matter," Five has an angry expression on his face, as he stares up at Klaus. 

"What? What? What's the big deal with this eye, anyway?" Klaus questions Five. I assume Five never told Klaus the real reason we came here. It might of been better that way; who knows how Klaus would of reacted?

Five takes a step closer to Klaus, getting frustrated with his obliviousness, "There is someone who is going to lose an eye in the next seven days.. They're gonna bring about the end of life on this Earth as we know it."

I move away from them to sit on the steps, wanting to think about everything going on. Life is one big roller coaster right now. Ever since Reginald died, everything changed. Five appeared, warning of a looming Apocalypse. It was all so much. I continue to listen to the conversation between Five and Klaus, as I close my eyes.

"Yeah, can I get my 20 bucks, like, now or what?", Klaus asked, not phased in the slightest bit of Five's mention of the Apocalypse coming in a week. I sigh, I need coffee.

"Your twenty bucks?"

"Yeah."

"The Apocalypse is coming and all you can think about doing is getting high?" Five questions Klaus' morals.

"Well, I'm also quite hungry. Tummy's a-rumblin'" Klaus then imitates the sound of his stomach growling. As much as I love Klaus, I wish he was more serious about this.

"Klaus, can you be serious? At least for a minute?" I ask, opening my eyes to look at him.

"Nope, not even a minute," Klaus says to me.