C H 2 5

If Five could break the speed limit he would, but if he got pulled over that would just take more time that they didn't have.

When Five woke up this morning and didn't find Ester anywhere in the large house, he had been concerned. Though he hadn't panicked completely, he had been concerned. He didn't try to find out where she went, as Five knows Ester can take care of herself. 

However, nervous thoughts and ideas were popping into Five's head as he drove to where Allison and Ester supposedly went. Apparently Luther was quite concerned about Allison, which was the whole reason he came along for the trip. Five was worried, for Ester, but he couldn't let that show right now.

"Hey. Can you go any faster?"

Five doesn't appreciate Luther acting like he is the only one concerned. It's pissing him off.

"Ask me again, and I'll burn you with the cigarette lighter."

Five continues to drive down the long road, foot stepping on the gas pedal harder. Everyone in the car could tell Five was tense. Except maybe Luther, he's too dense.

Ever since they had gotten in the car, Five has snapped at anyone who has said anything to him. Klaus, whom is sitting in the passenger seat, knows that Five is worried about Ester. He and Diego saw the small hint of worry in Five's eyes when Diego had announced that Allison and Ester went after Harold Jenkins. 

Five grips tightly onto the steering wheel as the car approaches the house where Jenkins is supposed to be. Parked in front of the house was the car that Allison and Ester, no doubt, used to get here. Five doesn't know whether to be worried or relieved. 

He pulls the car to a stop, turning off the engine. Luther rushes out first, running to the door of the house. Klaus, Diego, and Five follow, all worried.

Five keeps his body on guard, ready for anything, but what is inside the house, he would never be prepared for.

 Luther slams the door open, rushing in as soon as he sees Allison on the floor.

Next to Allison lies Ester, her hand limp on Allison's throat in a desperate effort to stop the blood. Luther drops next to Allison, pushing Ester out of the way.

Klaus, Diego, and Five arrive inside the house a second later. All three seem to lose their breath as they see both Allison and Ester. Klaus crouches next to Luther, as he looks over Allison. Five and Diego both rush over to Ester who had been pushed aside by Luther. That made Five want to stab Luther for his self-absorbed personality.

Five nearly loses his balance and breath as he gets a look of Ester's face as he gets closer. Her face is covered in blood, all coming from a cut that runs from the bottom of her right jaw to the top of her forehead. The cut had hit her right eye, most likely damaging it beyond repair.

Five drops to his knees as he pulls Ester to him. Panic and disarray covers his face, not having expected this when he first arrived. His vision keeps flashing back to how her body had looked when he had arrived in the apocalypse. During the apocolypse, when Five had found her, she was pale, yet peaceful. At this moment, Ester seemed to be just like that, except for her wound and blood staining her.

She was pale and cold, but Five pulls a softly shaking hand up to her neck to check her pulse. The blood decorating her body seemed to be a stark comparison to the pale, white of her skin. Ester's deathly appearance was taking its tole on Five.

Five was being overrun. Anger was flooding his veins, turning them ice cold. Who the fuck did this to Ester? Anger was rampant, but so was every other emotion. He had failed in his promise he made to Ester to protect her.