C H 3

After eavesdropping on Vanya's arrival, I continued my journey to the kitchen. Luckily no one was in there, so I grabbed bread and peanut butter and set it down on the counter. I quickly made my sandwich, grabbing it after I placed all of the items I used back.

 I walked up the stairs and through the hall, but halted when I heard muttering coming from Reginald's office. "Where's the cash?", I could hear shuffling around of papers and other objects. "Klaus? What are you doing in here?", I hear Allison say. So the person looking for money was Klaus, Number Four, and he was caught by Allison. I doubt he would of found any cash, maybe objects to sell, but definitely not cash. 

"Oh, Allison! Wow, is that you?", he sounds surprised. I mean it has been a few years since he has seen her. No doubt this is the first time in a while some of these people have seen each other. "Hey, come here. Long time."

I can't see them, but I'm sure they are hugging. Wow, I really need to stop eavesdropping on these people and just introduce myself. I'm sure it would be odd, 'Hey! I'm Ester. Your Dad adopted me while you were all gone, and he trained me how to kill people.' I don't think it would go over well.

"Too long. Hey, I was hoping to see you, actually, because I wanted to get your autograph. Add it to my collection," Klaus' voice gets higher in pitch. I honestly couldn't tell if he was joking or not. If he got her autograph, I don't doubt that he would sell it. "Just out of rehab?", Allison states more than questions. Ahhh, so that's why he wanted money, he wants drugs. "No, no,no,no,no. No. I'm done with all of that," Klaus sighs. I don't think Allison really believes him, and neither do I. 

"I just came down here to prove to myself that the old man was really gone. And he is! He's dead. Yeah!", Klaus starts clapping. Klaus most likely felt relief knowing the man who caused so much trauma for him was gone, and I couldn't really blame him for being happy. Reginald tortured his 'kids', and his death caused relief for all of us, even if it wasn't in the same way.

"You know how I know? Because if he were alive, not one of us would be allowed to set foot in this room. He was always in here our whole childhood, plotting his next torment, right?", Klaus chuckles. He is right, no one would be in his room if Reginald was still alive. Hell, even now, after the old bastard was dead, I was hesitant on walking into his office. Constantly my curiosity of his office had gotten me lectures and punishments, I knew not to set foot in there.I remember one of the punishments I had gotten for entering Reginald's office.

Reginald had skipped our meeting today, and I wanted to know why. He was holed up in his office, and I had been warned by Pogo not to disrupt him. At the tender age of 7, I was curious and Luther had been out for the day. The only person I ever got to talk to was Reginald, as Grace was a robot and Pogo always seeming doing something of more importance. 

I stood at the tall door that lead to Reginald's office, and I hesitantly knocked on the door. There had been no response, I was slowly getting more annoyed then anxious. I had knocked again, louder, and called out " Mr. Reginald?" Still there was no answer.

Finally losing my little patience, I opened the door.  In the center of the room, at his desk, sat Reginald, monacle and all. He had been furiously writing something down, and didn't say anything towards me. I had asked again, "Mr. Reginald?"

Finally looking up, seeming to have lost patience with my ignorance towards his studying, he said, "Child, you know not to come in here. Especially when I am working." He had gotten up after saying this and had grabbed my arm. I was being dragged along as Reginald stomped down the stairs. I had started to stutter, "I-I- I'm sorry, sir," I had stumbled a little, still being dragged by Reginald. "I just wanted to know why we weren't having lessons today."