C H 6

AUTHORS NOTE: PLEASE NOTE I AGED FIVE UP TO 15. ESTER IS ABOUT 15 AS WELL. I JUST DIDN'T WANT TO MAKE FIVE 13 YEARS OLD. THANKS

We all sat in the kitchen, watching Number Five, as if he was some animal never seen before by human eyes. No one really knew what to say, and I couldn't blame them; What does a sibling say when their brother who's been gone for 17 years, just reappears and look the exact same as the day he left?

The walk to the kitchen had been awkward. No one had been saying anything, just following Number Five as he headed to the kitchen, claiming to be hungry. On the walk, I saw him in the corner of my eye, looking at me, most likely trying to figure out who I was and why I was there. He hasn't said anything to me yet, regarding me being here, and that put me on edge. I was waiting for his questionings, but it wasn't coming, at least not yet.

Number Five interupted the silence and awkward staring, moving around the kitchen. "What's the date? The exact date," he grabs the bread off the counter. "It's the 24th," Vanya answers him. "Of what?", he asks, sounding as if he was talking to toddlers, who needed to be prompted to tell the correct answer."March," I say, standing behind Vanya, with my arms crossed.

Looking up from his sandwich, I can see him quickly take in my frame, and look back down at what he is doing. "Good." I had almost missed him inspecting me, how fast he did it, but I knew he wanted to know who I was.

"So, are we gonna talk about what just happened?", Luther asks Five. He continues making his sandwich, setting the bread on the cutting board. Luther seems to get aggrivated at Number Five's silence and stands up, "It's been 17 years." Luther gets closer to Number Five, standing tall over the now 15 year old boy.

"It's been a lot longer than that," Number Five scoffs at Luther. He then proceeds to teleport to the other side of Luther, landing on the step stool to get something off the shelf. I have no idea how he knew where certain items were. I am also amazed at his power, I have never seen any of the ex- Academy students use their powers. To see something so out of the ordinary, yet so ordinary for them, it shocked me.

"I haven't missed that," Luther mutters, refering to Five's teleporting. He must have done that a lot as a kid for Luther to be so annoyed with it already. "Where did you go?", Diego asks.

"The future. It's shit, by the way," Number Five teleports back to the table, setting down a bag of marshmallows . "Of course it is," I mutter, of course the future is shit, it would never be sunshine and rainbows. Klaus chimes in, raising a finger, "Called it."

Number Five continues, walking to the fridge, "I should've listened to the old man." He then opens the fridge and grabs the jar of peanut butter. "You know, jumping through space is one thing, jumping through time is a toss of the dice." So Reginald had been right when he assumed that Number Five went to a different time, but he would never know that.

Finally looking up from making his sandwich, Five compliments Klaus, "Nice dress." Is he being sarcastic or actually complimenting Klaus? Klaus looks down at his skirt, "Oh, well, danke!" Klaus waves the tassels on his skirt.

"Wait, how did you get back?", Vanya finally says something. That was honestly a good question. How did Number Five get back? And if he was able to get back, why didn't he go back to the time when all of his siblings were still kids?

"In the end, I had to project my consciousness forward into a suspended quantum state version of myself that exists across every possible instance of time," Five explains as he makes his sandwich. All of Five's siblings have looks of confusion as he explains this. My mind runs through all of the discussions and lessons I had with Reginald about time travel and quantum state possibilities. I understood perfectly what Five is telling us.