chapter 23

Mrs. Lee was already bustling in the kitchen.  The luggage had been placed in your room for packing. She told you breakfast would be done as soon as you were out of the shower.

Without even thinking about it Jin led you back to the open shower in the back of the house.  You had just come from the beach, but you missed it already. 

Jin opened the large window to let the sea sounds in while you turned on the water.

You kissed as you undressed. You kissed as you stepped under the waterfall.  Jin pulled you close when he saw the tears in your eyes.  He held you swaying under the hot water, whispering words and promises.

You looked at him through your tears and kissed him.

“Jin, I am so sorry.  I don’t like for you to see me cry when you leave.  Please don’t worry about me" you stammered.

“Oh baby.  Don't worry.  It's ok.  It just shows me how much you miss me.  “ he said kissing you.

“And you promised you would find me soon. Right? Right" he continued. 

But when you looked into his face his eyes held a sheen that had nothing to do with the shower.

One last kiss and you turned him from you and scrubbed his back for him.  You talked and laughed as you finished your shower.

Jin stepped out first and headed to the master bath to finish and get dressed.  You stayed a bit longer, washing your body again, privately grieving leaving this place behind. It was silly you finally convinced yourself.  Right that moment you started making plans to see Jin again.

  A plan always made you feel better.  Finally you were ready to face the day.

  You stepped out into the bedroom to find Jin had finished packing.  He was wearing black jeans and one of your favorite button up shirts.  He winked when he caught your approving look.

On his luggage he had thrown an oversized hoodie, a black ball cap and one of his airport masks.  You refused to cry again. 

You were flying in to one of the larger airports and Jin was meeting his team there and flying directly to wherever they were going.  You forced your brightest smile as you went to kiss him.

He cupped your bottom and pulled you against him tightly.

“I like what you have picked out for your airport fashion” he teased, looking down at the towel you wore, “You'll cause a riot"

You laughed and swatted at him and moved to get dressed while he wandered to help Mrs Lee.

You finished packing as you went, finally settling on a soft white maxi skirt and flats and an oversized pink sweater for the ride home. The outfit made you feel small and feminine and you knew that Jin secretly really liked pink.

Smiling, you secured the luggage and did one last double check of the room.  You walked to the open wall and stood staring at the ocean until you heard Jin step behind you.

You closed your eyes and leaned back into him as he pulled you against him in a back hug.  Bending to give you a soft kiss, he whispered “ Ready?”

You nodded and turned to follow him.  This moment, this place,  was a forever memory.

Mrs Lee had made a huge breakfast. Mr Lee joined you and the four of you had a wonderful time talking, laughing, and sharing the meal.  Too soon Mr Lee's phone chimed and you knew the car was here.

As the men took the luggage to the car you bent to hug and thank the older woman.  Tears threatened again as you saw her dabbing her eyes with her apron.  In that moment there was something so familiar about her, some precious memory that was just beyond your grasp.

That feeling fled as she smiled into your face. “Take care of our young man dear.  He does love you so" she said.

You smiled down at her and responded “ And I do love him with my whole heart"

“Indeed you do dearie, Indeed you do" she agreed, patting your cheek.

The men returned as you straightened and Jin swept her off her feet in a huge hug.  She whispered something in his ear that caused him to blush and look at you.  She caught the look and swatted at him.

“Put me down now!! What will Mr. Lee think" she scolded.  The man in question simply laughed and reached to take her hand and draw her to his side.

Jin handed you into the car and with one final wave you were gone.  Again you leaned into Jin as you enjoyed the beautiful coastal scenery down the winding road to the village. 

As your driver turned toward the small airport Jin held you in the silence.

Arriving at the private terminal, you recognized the same pilot welcoming you onto the plane. Jin reached for your hand and held tightly during takeoff.

As soon as the plane leveled out he refused the offer of champagne and the attendant excused herself and shut the cabin doors and dimmed the lights. 

Jin lowered the barrier between the seats and reclined them again, pulling you close against him.  You kissed and held other, whispering hopes and plotting plans until it was time to land. 

Airport fashion!