chapter 14

So……” he said playfully.” Would you like to go to dinner with me tonight?”

You leaned in to kiss him and responded “That sounds Perfect”

You shared the large master bath as you finished getting ready.  Jin dried his hair as you did your make up. 

You were looking at the love marks Jin had left, wondering what to wear to cover them, but decided it would fine in the dark restaurant.  You rather liked the idea of the reminder actually.

When Jin was finished he moved behind you and dried your hair.  His hands in your hair and scalp felt divine.  He caught your eyes in the mirror and grinned.

“I could get into this stylist gig” he teased.

“So long as it's only for me" you cautioned, causing him to laugh again.  Again joy flooded you and you blinked back tears.

Jin gave you a quick kiss and went out to find clothes.  You finished and quickly joined him in the bedroom. 

He stopped you in your tracks.  He was wearing a blue striped oxford shirt with the sleeves casually rolled up and a pair of black jeans.  How can a man dressed so casually look so lethal?  He caught your stare and laughed. 

“Everything ok?” he asked.

You just nodded at him.

“ I really like what you are wearing too" he teased.

You blushed after looking down, forgetting you were still wrapped in the towel.

You scowled at him but allowed him to kiss you anyway.

Jin wandered in the kitchen as you finished dressing.  Probably to eat before you went to eat you guessed.

You went go check the things you had packed. You selected the simple white long sleeved shift with the gathering and ribbons at the wrists.  It was an off the shoulder design that fell just below your knees.  You had packed heels, but slipped a pair of folded flats in your bag just is case.  You played with your hair, but decided to pull it into a simple low bun.

  You played with your hair, but decided to pull it into a simple low bun

The off the shoulder exposed a tiny glimpse of your tattoo.  You would cover it with a special concealer if it was too obvious.

Finally ready, you picked up the wrap you had packed for cool nights.  You grabbed the blush colored cashmere wrap that was trimmed in lace.  Jin had brought it for you from one of his trips.

You walked out to meet him in the kitchen and smiled as you saw him

You walked out to meet him in the kitchen and smiled as you saw him.  He was standing at the bar with Mrs Lee standing beside him.  He looked up and saw you and stopped mid bite.  He openly stared- his mouth full of rice and his chopsticks loaded with lobster and shrimp suspended half way to his mouth.

“Swallow dear"  Mrs. Lee prompted him. 

He complied and walked to you.  You laughed at him and kissed his cheek.

The car was waiting as you left the house.  The drive to the restaurant was beautiful along the coastline back into the small resort town.  Again you leaned across Jin, his arms holding you tight, as you both watched the sun set into the ocean.

The last color was leaving the sky as you driver stopped in front of the restaurant.  Jin helped you out of the car and into the colorful building. The owner met you and escorted you through the small indoor bar and seating area. There were a few locals scattered around but they paid no attention as you were welcomed in.  The interior was light and airie, the dishes passing you on the way to tables looked delicious.

Jin held your hand as he followed the owner into the back of the bar.  He invited you into a courtyard and then you saw why this place was so highly recommended.

The back of the restaurant opened into a shallow pool, long and rectangular.  Arranged carefully around the pool were several small tables ringed with large wooden chairs filled with overstuffed pillows.

There were lights floating in the pool and large decorative lanterns threw light on the tables.  An open deck at the end of the space led down to a boardwalk to the ocean.  The wind was gentle and the sound of gentle waves covered the patio in peace.

  The wind was gentle and the sound of gentle waves covered the patio in peace

As you were led to your table several men stopped Jin to chat.  Some of them were quite famous and you were rather intimidated by Jin's friends.  They were all very kind and welcoming as you met them.

Supper was delicious as the owner insisted on bringing out dishes of all the area's best choices and two bottles of wine Jin said he had wanted to try.

Dinner was wonderful as you ate and caught up.  Jin had you laughing until you hurt then kissed you senseless.  You could not have dreamed this night and it been any better.

As the night grew late his friends invited you go their table for a drink and it ended being a large group laughing and sharing stories of their hectic and chaotic lives. 

You wrapped up in the shawl and leaned against Jin's chest, his arms around your waist.  The second time he caught you yawning he whispered in your ear and called the driver.

In minutes you had said your goodbyes and were on your way back, tired, tipsy and oh so very happy.

Jin helped you in the house, stopping to kiss you every few feet until he just picked you up and carried you in.

You both quickly washed up and threw on pjs.  Meeting back in the middle of the big bed, Jin adjusted the nest of soft pillows and pulled the covers up.

Pulling you to him he played with your hair till you were both sound asleep.