John Hancock

You stared down to the bloody mess, slightly appalled though also intrigued. Not because of it, but because of the man, or ghoul, who caused it. He was the mayor, John Hancock. The ghoul stared at you wide-eyed, entranced by the sight before him. He had never seen such beauty or a personality like yours. John was simply speechless, which was something very rare for a man like him.

He opened his mouth to speak, but nothing came out. You spoke up instead, "Thank you for that, but I had it covered."

John cleared his throat, nodding. "I, um, I know you did, but I just—"

Your companion, Nick Valentine, chuckles. "Spit it out, Hancock, the lady doesn't have all day." He spoke for the first time during this entire exchange, reminding you of what you actually came to this town for. Hancock slightly glared at the synth for calling him out, but played it off cooly.

"I know you don't have much time now," Hancock started, looking over your shoulder to a smug Nick watching the scene unfold in front of him. "–but maybe later on, I could treat you to dinner. Consider it a gift from the mayor." You swore that you saw him wink at you, but you could have easily been mistaken. You just assumed Hancock always did this with his newcomers.

"Sure, I think I can work that into my schedule." You concluded, not noticing when Hancock did a silent cheer to himself.

Nick noticed though, and chuckled dryly again, shaking his head. "You kids don't have too much fun. Meet me in the Den, when you're ready, Y/N." Nick told you, walking off down the small alleyway and greeting people as he passed them.

You were confused as to what he hinted at until Hancock spoke up again, "I apologize if I seem a bit forward. You're just a stunning sight, Sunshine, and I'd like to get to know you better." He said smoothly, hoping to at least swoon you with his words.

You smile, walking forward and putting a hand to his shoulder. "I would be absolutely delighted to dinner with you, Mayor." You kiss his cheek before walking away to meet up with Nick, swaying your hips as you did so because you knew Hancock was watching.

He only stared in awe, accepting the fact that he just found the love of his life.