Clementine

You met Clementine four months ago, since then the two of you have grown much closer. You've learned about her passed, been told about all of the trauma and her losing AJ, and also managed to keep her going while she went through it all. It took a while but you put a smile on her face and gave her hope for something more. The other girl couldn't be more thankful for that, adoring you as her traveling partner, as she could never find anyone better, nor would she would want to.

"That place looks untouched." You comment, starting towards a small convenience store, messing with the door before Clementine scolded you.

"Be cautious, please. Just because it looks untouched, doesn't mean someone hasn't been here." Clementine reminded you quickly.

You keep her words in mind, but continued to budge with the door. Finally it gave in and the two of you were allowed access. Shelves were filled with expired food and some salvageable canned goods, and there was plenty of water to last you both a long time.

"Holy shit, Clem! Would you check all of this out?" You admired the find with much pride, resting two hands on your hips and looking to the other girl, who only held a skeptical look on her own face. "Come on, don't tell me you think this is a—"

"Set up." She cut you off, quirking a brow. "Yes, I do. It's too good to be true. So much stuff for the taking, it just doesn't seem right."

"Your instinct is usually always right, but..." You trailed off you statement as you wandered down the candy aisle. "I'll enjoy it while I can."

"Y/N—"

"Help! Somebody, help! Please!" A voice called from outside the store. Clementine froze in place, but you stood up straight, readying your weapon and slowly strolled towards the exit.

"What do you think you're doing?" Clementine whispered to you, "Y/N, you could get hurt—"

"I'll be fine." You said quickly, ignoring her protests as you stepped outside with your pistol raised.

A man, seemingly weak, stood outside with a limp. He was beaten bloody and had a gash in his left eyebrow. "What happened?" You questioned him, still being cautious as Clementine would want you to be.

"There was a gang not too far from here. They caught me, beat me real bad, and robbed me of all my things." He whimpered, groaning in pain before putting a hand to his side. "Please, you've got to help me. I'm hurt."

You looked over his injuries, debating your options before holstering your weapon and moving towards him. As you go to check his busted lip, he makes a quick maneuver, and spins you around so your back was to his chest. He held a knife to your neck that you didn't seem to notice before.

"Alright now, I've got your friend! Come out and she won't get hurt!" He threatened, pressing the blade further into your skin when you struggled against him, halting your actions.

Clementine came out a moment later, disappointed for sure, but she met your eyes and held a promising look that told you she would get you out of this situation.

"Good, good. Now, put your weapons on the ground slowly." He watched as Clementine made no effort to follow his commands, grumbling something to himself. "Listen, girl—"

"No, you listen to me. We have a group all over these woods. And you might kill her and me and think you've gotten away with it, but once they realize we're missing, you'll be a dead man." Clementine lied, but her voice held much confidence as so to trick the man. He seemed to be buying it too, a look of worry washing over his sunburned face. "Stand down."

"I don't think you understand that I—" Without another moment of hesitation, Clementine pulls her trigger. The bullet whirls passed your face, colliding with his head and sending the man down cold.

"Y/N, are you okay?" Clementine's first concern was you as she rushed over and checked you for any signs of you being hurt. She placed one hand over your cheek and the other held your arm gently. "Why would you do that? I was so worried."

"I'm sorry, I— I don't know what I was thinking. I just assumed that maybe, maybe there were still good people who actually needed help." You sighed, putting your hand over hers and squeezing it lightly.

"There are, but they're rare." Clementine reminded you. She met your eyes, suppressing a small smile. "Lucky for me, I get to travel with one of them."

This brings a smile to your own face and a blushed tint over your cheeks. "Clem—"

"Please don't put yourself in danger anymore, Y/N. I don't know what I would do if I lost you, too. I–I love you." She finally admitted her feelings after holding them in for so long. With a deep exhale, she takes your hand in her own. "Now, how about we pack some candy and hit the road?"

You laugh at her second comment, nodding in agreement. "I love you too, dork."