Craig Boone

It took a long time for Boone to come to terms with the entire situation of his wife. Traveling along your side has also gave him an advantage to clear his mind of those awful memories. It filled him with pure joy, as well, strangely enough.

"Craig," you call him by his first name, because he told you to long ago. After about five months of traveling together and becoming closer as companions, he figured it was only right to be on a first name basis.

The man looks over to you with a slight grin, but to be fair it was the happiest grin you've ever seen from him. "Yeah, what is it?" he questioned, spinning around in his chair while he juggled two rounds of ammo in the palm of his hands.

"Are you doing alright? You've been kind of out of it lately." you noted his behavior. He shook his head at your statement, finding it to be nothing. But you were persistent, moving closer and raising your brows until he would give in and fully answer your question.

"I'm doing just fine. I've actually been thinking a lot, lately." he hummed out, trailing onto his many times when zoned out. You became more interested and gave him a short smile to continue. He looked over and smirked, "Of course you would like to know what that is, wouldn't you?"

"It's only right. I am your faithful companion out in this wild wasteland." you tell him. Boone nods, reaching over and lazily taking your hand. It wasn't strange for him to do so, but the way he caressed your hand as if there were something more to it, made your heart skip a beat. You were left in a dizzy of confusion as the man continued to take his time with this odd explanation of his feelings.

"Do you ever think there's more than that, though? I mean, being out here with you, it's great and all. I wouldn't want to be out here with anyone else besides you, killshot." he joked, but then his tone became serious as Boone gazed in your eyes. "You watch my back and I got yours, but is that all there is to it?"

You stare to him dumbfounded, wondering where any of this came from. Boone never was one to express himself emotionally in words, but now here he was professing something you've been too blind to see. "Craig, what are you trying to say?"

"I like you, Y/N. More than I care to admit and it's eating me alive. I figured that it was worth telling you, because of this trust bond we had going on. I get it if you don't—" you cut off his rambling with a quick peck on his lips. When you pull away, the man gained a deep blush on his cheeks and immediately straightened his hat. "Well, alright then. I like your way of shutting me up."