Chapter 39 - Slowly

Magsimula sa umpisa

A month has passed with me just looking at Ynna's little house from afar when I suddenly got a call from Ash that Ynna's going back to Manila. I hate how he knew it before I did. Are they communicating? Fuck. And yup, it was true. That evening, I saw Ynna left her house with her bags and a ticket. And that's what all I need to see. I booked my ticket back to Manila too.

***

The day I went back to school, the first thing I saw was her. She was looking straight at me and I know that she wants to start a conversation with me. I looked away. And when I looked back, I saw a pale of brown paint that's about to hit her! I pulled her away and we accidentally get into a hug.

'Oh, this lady and her effects on me.' I thought as I tightened my hug. It took me a few minutes before I push myself away from her.

"S-Salamat, Sky." Said Ynna.

"That means nothing. I'll save anyone whose being bullied. Don't assume anything." I said using my most serious voice before I walked away.

I'm sorry Ynna, I am not yet ready to talk to you.

***

Dismissal time came and just as I was about to leave ECB, I saw a bunch of girls from the basketball team hurting Ynna! What the hell?! Why is she being bullied like that?! I don't think she deserves that! I hurriedly went there to save her.

"What the hell are you doing to her?!" I told the basketball girls with full of anger. I am the team captian of the whole team after all. And just as I thought, they ran away.

So here we are, hugging each other for the second time this day. I looked at her straight in the eye as I fixed her hair. She looked tired from all the bullying. My poor Ynna is crying. A part of me felt the urge to kiss her right there to let her know that I am here and that everything's going to be alright but another part of me refuses to. So I just ended up asking her a stupid question.

"Are you alright?" I asked.

"Um. Oo." She said while bowing her head. She is not looking at me.

"Kapag may nambubully sayo, labanan mo. Hindi ako laging nandito para iligtas ka. May buhay din akong sarili." I told her.

"O-Okay. Sorry." She is still not looking at me and that pisses me off.

"At yung pagliligtas kong muli sayo, wala yung meaning." I said. She finally looked at me. And that's the moment I looked away.

"Oo. Alam ko naman na wala." She answered.

"Good." I said. I was about to leave her but then I my feet...ugh. It's glued! "What the fuck is this?!" I shouted.

"S-Sorry Sky, nadamay ka pa tuloy sa pambubully sa akin." Said Ynna.

"It's alright." I replied. Actually, I didn't mind being glued with her. It was actually a nice excuse for being with her.

Silence...

"Sky..." she started.

"What?"

"Sky, bakit mo ako sinundan sa Bohol?"

*BOOOOG*

I actually panicked at her question but when I saw Dwight holding the glue we are stepping at, I knew that all of this was planned. The paint, the bullies and this glue. Tss!