Springfield

Louse, Lana and Liza along with the prisoner Stern.
Have made it to Pooler, the western edge of Savannah. Louse and Liza carrying the white flags.
Lana and Stern between them.

Lana nudged Stern, you, don't do any talking unless it's a question on your health or you been treated decently. I don't want to hear jabbering.
Stern smiled at her, I am a dead man once you turn me over. No mind though, fool officers should have shot me. Thanks for taking the irons off. Lana grinned only took them off because ya run I can shoot ya. Louse waved the flag, Liza wave yours!
Liza and Lana both said, look someone's stepping out!

As he approached Louse said, just remain calm. If they were going to shoot, they'd shot by now. Remain here, I'll greet him, Louse confidently walked to him. Placed the flag in the ground, I am Colonel Louse, First United Army, Corp commander. Lieutenant Masters, Sir, what do you want? I wish to speak to someone a Colonel or above. I have a message from Sarna and one prisoner. We will gladly turn over. I know you won't come in, see what I can do. Oh, one is close by, you look left near that wire fence. You'll know why. He turned, then looked back no funny stuff now.

Colonel, those with the white flag wish to speak to you. Something about a message from Sarna.
Message! From Sarna! Lieutenant, you take charge of raising this one up, shame only has the one. Least she is a Redhead, giggling. I'll watch this I want to see if she slides down some or splits off it!

Louse heard shouts, he could just hear raise! Pull the rope! He looked over, his mind didn't register what was going on. Suddenly the pike stood straight. He saw it, the body slid down the pike stopping after it slid about a foot. Shocked still taking it in. The pike went past her head about a foot exiting just under her neck. A crosspiece she was resting on a cross piece, between her legs!
Her matted red hair moved in the breeze. Louse felt sick, mad, disgusted! Louse turned to see if Lana and Liza were ok. Lana was forcing the prisoner on his knees. Liza was on one knee looking down. Lana did the same. Louse heard in a low voice from Lana, I don't know your name,
you died like a Warrior. I shall shout it in the Dark.
An unknown Warrior died today.

Lana forced him to stand, I should do the same to you! I'll not though! I'm better than, your likes!
Why Sarna wants a meeting with this Lot! Is beyond my reasoning! Liza shook her head, this will stay with me till I die. Louse gathered his feelings put them aside, Lana, Liza, Sarna knows what she doing, I know what she is doing! Be Shield be strong! Clearing his mind, louse watched the wall bags hay bales, he told himself barbed wire. He could see a few soldiers looking back at him.

Well, Lieutenant looks like two Shield one really fancy uniformed officer, that must be the Colonel.
Probably has money, never commanded a damn thing. Keep an eye on them, I'm going out now.
Yes, Sir, they'll be dead if they do anything stupid.

Louse waited for him to say something, I guess you want me to speak first. I am Colonel Louse, First United Army, with me is Lana Shield Elder, Corp commander. Liza, Sarna's runner, and aid. I have a letter, to your General and any Civil leaders. She wishes a meeting at Springfield. I am also turning over one prisoner in good faith.

Meeting, I doubt that will happen. I assume it's terms of your surrender? Louse smiled, no, your's Sir. The letter, please the prisoner, well I'll take him. Louse motioned him forward. We treated him fairly Sir. We will fall back one thousand yards.
You may bring your answer to us. This may take at least two hours. We'll wait, Sir. Yes, wait if you like
thinking do they not care? What was just done, wish she was alive while that pike went in her.
The squirming and the scream, such pleasure.
That would of got them, her scream. Come on Master Sargent! We need to talk!

Why were you captured? You damn fool! Sir, I was doing as ordered shooting those that quit fighting.
The officer in charge did not shoot me. Both officers were executed for murder. What murder?
Pointing to the impaled woman. For doing that Sir.
Grinning, well, Sargent is it Sarna? I believe her to be Sarna. Young Shield, about seventeen I'd guess.
Lucky one you are. The General may want to talk to you. If I didn't think that, why I'd kill you. That reprieve won't last much longer come on, we must move before the shelling starts.