First United

The First United Army moved from Allendale to Sylvania. Encountering no opposing forces. Slowing to regroup for a push to Statesboro and, sending out dispatch riders. Sarna and Ben watched the Army pass by.

Ben pushed his hat down, wind little gusty today.
Least we're out of the snow. Thought we'd get a dispatch rider, from Walson by now Sarna. Ben taking both his hands looking up at him, I'm worried. Sarna. Hush, Ben hear me out. I sent Father into Columbia, I sent Mac Jones to there deaths and the rest. Sarna, please you didn't know about those tanks. Ben, I sent The Army of Carolina and my Father because they had the most seasoned troops. Ben, should I have kept us all as one Army? Till yesterday I never doubted us winning, now with those tanks. I'm no longer certain. My dear Sarna, we will win. We must win, one day. We'll look back and say it was rough but, we won for our children and Lands.

Sarna kissed him, love you more than yesterday. Ben think we best call a hold at Statesboro. See if we can't get info on Savannah. He kissed her back hugged her, I think you are right and, I love you more smiling. Sarna pushed him back, best mount up, let the Corp Commanders know. I'll take the rear you got the front. Nodding as he turned towards the front, see you in a bit. 

                                  The Barn
                             Near Columbia

If you're not a Missy! Who in Hell are ya? Liz Howard, Ohio Ranger Captain! Lady Ranger, ain't heard or seen one, hell in ten years at best. Well, you are looking at one, who are you? Mitchel most people call me Mitch, Ranger Carolina rank Sargent. Mitch where are your weapons and badge? That large crate put them in there to hide them. Had a job ta do couldn't stand out. Liz turned to face him straight on, opening her coat. Mitch seen three pistols two cross draw, one straight draw on the right side. Nope, three one hung under her left arm. Damn Liz, you a tottin ain't ya, I only carry three myself. Can I get my stuff? Liz nodded slow I'm no certain on you yet.

Mitch opened the crate here see my badge now can put my weapons back on? Feels naked without them. Liz smiled go on, new you were a Ranger seeing that saddle and big bags. Just wanted to make sure. Looking for Sarna, I got a platoon of special Cavalry, told to find The First United. Where is this here platoon? Only about two maybe three mile away by now. Figure be here in ten minutes max. Mitch nodded ya can ride with me, I got get ta Sarna myself. Liz sat down in the hay, take a seat Mitch rest while we wait. Mitch sat next to her, so Ohio damn far piece away now. Liz, it is a pleasure ta meet ya. Same Mitch how goes the War thus far?

Mitch didn't say much, War its plum stupid. These enemy are a might nasty we need ta kill them all! They both heard the creaking of the door. Pistols pulled and standing.

                           Statesboro Skirmish

Scouts from The First United Army, find Two Divisions of The  Republic Army. Just north of Statesboro. Louse Commanding First Corp has the lead.

Sarna saw the riders coming hard just as she made the front of the collum. Louse said scouts returning Ben! I see them, looks like they found something coming hard. Sarna pulled alongside, problems? Louse shrugged not certain looks that way. Horses slid some in the mud as they stopped.
Sir! The enemy just about two miles to our front Division maybe two. Looks like a fortified camp!
We might want to go around. Louse nodded return to your Companies anything else to report? Yes, Sir, my counterpart forgot they have um. Spit it out Louse said can ya not speak. You said you would tell them. Sir, they gots people stuck on sticks Sir, standing straight up. Sarna shouted What do you mean! Elder they a hangin from those sticks. Sarna jumped off her horse tugged up on her leggings as she stood. 

Paced then looked towards the front, we'll not turn and go around! Louse three Divisions, your choice I'm going myself to see this! You can lead or pick an officer to do it! Ben, you coming? Sarna, we check this out, no staying and fighting this one.
Liza shouted you won't go without me! I'll not have it! Louse said I agree go with them. I'll pull the three now.

Lana, Garret, and Chad arrived as Sarna, Ben and, the three Divisions went out of site. I'll ask for all three of us, where they going and why Lana asked.
Louse pointed towards them trouble ahead maybe two Divisions, think we have some people impaled also. Lana shook with anger my Shield should handle this! Chad and Garret told her easy Lana think we should proceed with caution.

Sarna looked through her field glasses. Damn it! All redheads Been, all of them five of them, not one a Shield. Not a one. Handing Ben the Glasses.
Couple been up awhile look bad, handing back the glasses. Sarna let's just go around them. We won't lose much time doing it. More if we stay and fight them. Ben those that did this must be punished!
General plan an attack! Try and take the Officers alive! Ben, we'll watch from here. Yes, Elder! I'll be ready to attack in less than twenty minutes. Bye, your leave.

Sorry short part I know, this chapter will take some thought on the Battle scene. So who is Liz Howard?
What is this special platoon? Should Sarna have gone around? Thanks for reading comment vote.