Pigs To Slaughter

Springfield Republic Infantry is approaching. Sarna and a handful of Troops are ready and waiting.

Liz looked through her scope, as they drew closer, taking a breath and releasing she squeezed the trigger. Bang the recoil bumped her shoulder, as the soldier's head flew back blood and brain blew out the back. Cocking picking another target. Shots went off all around the tiny town. Ten well hid snippers took out ten targets in seconds.

Sarna and Ben covered the back, along with on snipper. About ten coming in! Ben shouted I see them! Sarna fired her rifle, lifting the trapdoor open shoving another cartridge in. Ben firing two pistols out the door, moving back in to reload. The snipper cocking firing, three shots two kills. Liz leaned away from the window, bullets ricocheting around her. Peering out the window, where are you? Crack pieces of stone hit her, I see you I've got you now. Timing it on her count between the shots. She aimed and fired. Liz shouted told ya!

Sarna turned towards breaking glass, she fired missed as he crawled through the window. Ben fired hitting him in the neck. Sarna! Take the window! Don't let more in! Here use my Spencer!
Tossing it to her. The snipper shouted I'm moving out to that woodpile, cover me! Ben shouted and go! Firing two pistols, the snipper ran then dove behind it. Ben reloaded without looking. Looked out the door, the snipper shouted they've pulled back! Sarna shouted don't see anyone! Ben turned ran towards the front I'll check the front!

Mitch pulled at his hat, Lan sakes never seen anythin, like it. Like what Mitch? Ben, well, those snippers. Might scary ya ask me. My gosh, they were shootin people over six hundred yards away.
Ben shook his head, you sure Mitch? Now, Ben, I may stretch the truth, not that far honest had ta been six hundred. Smiling I seen it too Mitch. Clear out the front? Yesum all clear. Liz came running down the steps, Mitch cover me. I'll check on my Troops. Keep alert, now! I got ya Cap. You got it, Mitch? I best check the rear. Go on, Ben, I gots it.

Sarna looked around, must of chased them off. Looks like they fell back, might be regrouping. If they are Ben, we'll be ready. I would have got that one coming in, I was just pulling my sword. Ben smiled, now you're mad because you couldn't kill him. Didn't, say that just telling you is all. Looks clear you two, thanks for helping. I'm Tam, you must be Elder Sarna and General Stanson. Ben nodded just Ben, please unless a bunch of officers are around. Sarna smiled pleased to meet you, the same, please. Ok, Sarna, Ben, you got it. I'm going out a piece check the other side that rise. Keep an eye out, would you? Liz came around, it's me Tam!
Don't shoot! Hey Cap, clear? Sure enough, not seen a thing. Lin will check that rise, she is working her way around. 

                      Springfield model 1863 Trapdoor

Tam nodded, I was going to check. No worry. Sarna
Ben thanks for helping. Next time leave when I ask. I'll leave if I feel the need, can't ask my Army to fight if I don't. Yep, they was right, you're headstrong. Laughing, Liz we both are, Sarna more so than me. How many dead Cap? Joan is checking now, Lin gets back and it's good. We best move while we can. Liz you all ladies in this detachment? Thought, you knew, yep female group some of the best shots in the Army and Rangers. No, sorry, Sarna didn't tell me, I haven't had a chance to meet your detachment. When we get back, you and Sarna come on over have a coffee meet the ladies. We'll do that soon as we can.

Lin and Joan reported in, Lin said clear Cap. Joan smiled fifty dead Cap, Kimmie, and Nanc wounded. 
Should be fine, just wood and stone cuts.  They cleaned the wounds put honey on it and covered the wound. Best be moving, let's pack up town folk have to clean up, when they get back. Sarna nodded, yes we better, Savannah we break the lines tomorrow!

Really short Chapter, so as not to make an overlong one. The taking of Savannah will be its own chapter.
Thanks for reading remember to vote comment if you like.