Army Of Carolina

War an Art Form which few learn, those that do wish only to never use it. Armies prepare, Soldiers, learn the dreadful art. Never knowing if they'll do what must be done, fight or flight. Fire or hide is only known when given the chance. Army of Carolina will find out if they're training has worked.
Midnight day four Army Of Carolina has broken the line.

Jacob felt the cold mist, it was freezing on the ground. He had to call a stop the Army was not close together stretched too far apart. Before they're dash across the enemy lines. He wanted his entire army able to function in mass. Ten hours till dark, they'll hold here at this small farm. Sleep till almost dark. Jacob stepped into the barn. He shook took a deep breathe, damn it's not fit to travel.
Good thing though, The Republic won't expect us to move. Jacob, we have some coffee, like a cup?
Yes, I would black need the bitter to warm my bones some. Thank you, Sargent, are the Corp Commanders on their way? Yes, Jacob, they are, sorry we've been friends far to long not to call you that. No worries we are alone. Coffee is good getting warmed up some, let's sit my feet need a break. Will the owner let us use his house for the meeting?

Yes, would you like to move inside get warmer beforehand? No, stay out here till they all arrive.
Wouldn't be fitting to be warm and they aren't.
Jacob looked over, his Sargent was asleep. As he stood and paced, sleep Arnie rest old friend.
Finally, he thought my Corp Command is here.
Barton, Glenn, good to see you, Walton, Mac, Jones.
Sight for sore eyes. The Farmer will let us use his house. Be gracious, make sure you thank them.

Barton said don't know about the rest, I'm cold and tired. Let's get out this miserable mist and cold.
Jacob knocked on the door, this is General Parson Army of Carolina, can we come in? Yes, General as she opened the door, have coffee and warm bread for you. Come in, my home is yours. Jacob thanked her mam we'll only be an intrusion for an hour at best. Have a seat I'll pour some coffee get you all some bread and leave you to your business.

Barton said," thank you, mam, and thank you for the use of your home." "You are quite welcome."
Jacob said " Gentlemen it's a nasty evening and a nasty situation we are entering." breaking out the Corn Licker. Pouring some in each coffee.  Let's get down to business, First Corp you've got the lead Jones your Artillery, send two Batteries medium cannon First Corp, Barton place them with your lead Division. Jones keep your Support Artillery moving you've slowed us down. Mac has to slow to help support you. Then the rest has to slow.
We are doing our best Jacob those heavy Parrots don't like the mud and ice. Jones, I'm not yelling just try to keep up we need that Artillery.

Hell, we need this whole Army to move fast. We rest here four hours, we don't stop after till we make contact or Columbia. March order remains the same. Nothing new from our lead element.
Unless you have questions I'm finished. Barton asked why in hell did we all stop to meet with you?
Hell, I could be relaxing. Jacob stood looked at Barton, hell I'm tired too. That's all! Thought maybe a break coffee little whisky! Barton do you have anything? No Sir, I've nothing just I ache from the cold. Tired this moving, where in hell are they? They packed up tightly around Columbia or what?

Gentlemen, please stop shouting. None of you had the sense to check the fire? I want to ask a question. My Husband left with the Army when this all started. Is he with you all? Names James Roberts. Left with the First Volunteers. Jacob walked over sat next to her, helped with fire.
Mam Mrs. Roberts, I don't think he lives these Generals will check. The First was lost in the pens.
I'm sorry, I'll know before we leave you'll know I promise this. So he's gone my James is gone. How will I keep the Farm get the fields planted?  Jacob didn't know what to say, he thought a moment.
Mrs. Roberts, you'll find a way, you'll have to be strong. Like all will have to be when this is over a lot more dead husbands and wives empty farms.
The Lands will need us you to be strong. I'll leave two men out of my support Corp. They'll help bring up firewood make sure you have plenty near the house. They can only stay about two hours.
Do you need food or any other supplies?