The Making

The Tale of Sarna all began with a short story.
Wrote because a father had worries. You see the
Father of twins girls worry, when one wants to be a Marine. Eldest by one minute I was in the O.R. at the time more like half a minute. 

Well Sarah became Sarna little changes hey I've got main character. Sarah is the eldest daughter Liz her sister. Wants to be a pilot Air force is her dream. Both write both want to be writers.
Military is money till they can succeed at that plan
or get an education.

While writing this Tale of America post apocalypse
My wife was diagnosed with cancer, the big C word. Sarna was just a short story I felt completed.
Although I was truly thinking of expanding it.

Sarna the Warrior started as worry over a daughter wanting to enlist. Sad thing is I raised them to believe they could do or be any thing.

At seventeen we signed for Sarah to enlist after
High school. Sarna wants to be normal, at points
it shows Liz was thought a gifted student she didn't want to be tested for gifted classes. She said I want to be normal.

The initial diagnosis for my wife was treatable
good chance of survival or a decent life. After the scan at the appointment for how her treatments would be done. Well treatable was no longer a word. Only thing was give her time it had spread.
No chance couldn't win this fight.

Shock alert status fear, dear no I don't feel the Wizard. Doctor said you can go no treatment let
it run its course. I blurted out no honey always a chance  something may come up, still be time to try. I saw my father die no treatments. He looked like a twig no muscle or fat skin and bones.

I couldn't stand to see her like that. As we left the
Doctors office she looked at me and said I don't plan on dieing any time soon.

Sarna got her don't quit attitude from her.
Four biopsies later her Cancer hadn't spread.
So its treatable. The treatments finished up about a month ago 13th of August follow up 10th of September.

You see Sarna is all that is dear to me Wife Daughters. All three will never quit. Sarna won't
stop she can't. Hell my wife kept working through
the treatments only off the chemo day once a week. That took 8 hours.

That is the back story on Sarna, how the world moved on why it did. Well you might get an idea
on that. Time keepers if you read the first book.
You should remember those words.

Most places town names are real, you can just about follow a map on Sarna's movements around
the Carolina's. I'm working on a map of the Thirteen Lands. Few things this world was going
to be a little less advanced no guns at all.

Rangers were like cowboys the old west, so colt
Revolvers muzzle loading rifles came about.
Supposed to be like an army sabers. What can I say
swords and guns, old Staff Sargent loves both.

Update wife had follow exam, doctors done a pelvic exam the tumors can't be felt. So either they shrunk or the treatments may of killed it.
A PT scan will be done in a couple months.
We will stay Positive on this. One day lets hope this
Form of sickness can be destroyed or way found to vaccine for it.
UPDATE ON WIFE AS OF TODAY OCT. 16 2018
SHE IS CANCER FREE!! The seven month fight
is over. I pray it doesn't return. For those that
new thank you for your thoughts prayers and postive thinking.

I'll try to make this one as good or better than the
first.  The story starts a few days before the First United Army leaves Rockford. Enjoy all.

Dram12