"In sixth grade at my school, we learned the state capitals." Landon said making me laugh, "We teach that, too." Alaric then spoke up, "I have some questions about Rafael." Landon then asked, "Like what?" I smirk and said, "Well, let's start with who he killed recently."

"Why would you ask me that?" Landon asked confused, "The werewolf gene lies dormant until the carrier takes a human life. If Rafael triggered his curse, it's... because he killed someone. And we don't accept coldblooded killers into our program." I told him. "He's not a killer." Landon snapped. "We're not trying..." Hope argued, "He's not... a killer." Landon told us. "Well, I know a little bit about his background. Neglectful birth parents. Orphaned in adolescence. Six foster homes in seven years. Prone to fits of anger." Alaric told him. "Yeah, you could just as easily be reading my file..." Landon said. "That's what it's like out there for people like him and me."

"Landon, I know this is a lot to take in right now, but we're only trying to help," I told him softly. He still didn't budge and I grabbed Hope's hand who nodded. "I've been going here since I was seven. This is a safe place for people like Rafael. It's a home." Hope told him. "But... if we take him in, we need to make sure that he is not a threat," I said

"His girlfriend..." Landon said trailing off. He sighed, "Cassie. Last month... he was driving, there was a storm, he took a turn too fast. And then he started acting out. At first, I thought it was just grief. And then maybe... maybe drugs or something. And then he threw a 200-pound lawnmower 1 foot across the yard. That was when our foster parents called in the priest. I guess they thought he was possessed by the devil." I nodded taking it all in.

"All of that is... consistent with a newly triggered wolf. It's normal. Thank you for that, Landon." Alaric spoke. Hope went up to say something to him until she called out, "We're ready." The door opened and MG came in. "Landon Kirby, Milton Greasley." Alaric introduced. "Come on, Dr. Saltzman." MG said and Alaric sighed, "Right. MG. I'm sorry. Take it from a guy named Alaric. I get it. Landon, MG is my student aid." Hope then added, "He's also a vampire."

"Of course he is." Landon mumbled, "You know, for a school with a secret to keep, you're kind of liberal with your information." I smiled, "Well, we don't actually intend for you to remember any of it. Remember to breathe MG and eye contact." I told him MG nodded and I took Hope's hand in mine. "Forget everything you've seen or learned since last night. All you need to know is that your friend has found a home where he can live a better life. You'll miss him. But you know it's for the best." MG compelled Landon.

"Are you all out of your minds?" Landon snapped and Hope and I shared a look. "How could I forget any of this?" Hope stepped up releasing my hand. "MG, did you do it wrong?" She snapped. "No, I didn't do it wrong. It's the easiest vampire trick in the book."

"Well, it didn't work." Hope argued, "Obviously, it didn't work." MG argued back. Landon went to leave but MG caught him in time using a sleeper hold. Landon slowly lost consciousness and I called out "Careful."

"Get him to the cellar. This is not good. This is bad." Alaric called out.

After they got Landon down to the transition cellar Alaric turned to me. "Now do we have to have a talk about you going off of school grounds?" He asked and I sighed. "No. I'm alright Dr. Saltzman." I said and turned walking out of the office.

Hope chuckled as I met up with her at our room. "Aren't you supposed to be in uniform?" She joked. "Please, he's lucky I'm even in the right color." I said making us both laugh.

Hope and I snuck around the school until we reached the transition cellar. "Alright. Have fun. Give me the details." I said and she smirked. We did our handshake we made up forever ago before I left her there.