•❊You And Me❊•

NOTE BEFORE YOU READ:
APOLOGIES FOR ALL ERRORS.

WARNING:
YET AGAIN, THIS IMAGINE IS HORRIBLE AND BORING - YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

⊰•

✽SET IN THE DANGEROUS/HISTORY ERA✽

|1994|

Tears streamed down your face as you looked at the latest news article. Your face was plastered on the front, accompanied by a bold headline. With your legs crossed on the bed, you examined the article in front of you.

Now, you were married to one of the famous men on earth, and his name was Michael Jackson. The two of you bad been married for over a year, deeply in love with each other. He treated you right, and not once did he falter. He truly was the embodiment of, what we know to be, perfection.

But of course, being married, to the man of your dreams, was meant that you were constantly subjected to public scrutiny. For some reason, when you had wed Michael, you had become an international sensation. People all over the world adored you, and many wanted to meet you. Whenever you stepped out, cameras would follow you, and the media would, seemingly, stop at nothing just to ruin your reputation. The pressure of publicity, however, was far worse when you would step out with your husband. It was safe to say that you were taking over the world.

It had taken you a while to get used to such a lifestyle, and despite the fact that you hated the way things were, nothing could stop you from being by your husband's side. You had promised that you would be there for him, always. Of course, time had passed, but you still weren't used to the public attention. It had gotten to a point where you wondered if privacy even existed.

Occasionally, you would read the various articles that had been printed about you, and despite the fact that it hurt - you could not seem to stop. Countless times, Michael had told you to stop paying attention to what other people thought of you - but it was easier said than done.

Recently, you had begun to feel as though everything was closing in on you. Your mental health was deteriorating, and the excessive media attention was frightening. Truth be told, you weren't sure if you could carry on for much longer.

You felt suffocated.

At present moment, Michael was in the recording studio, working on some new music. It was eleven in the evening, and everything seemed quite lonely, making you wish that Michael would just come home.

All the members of staff had gone home, so you were alone in the mansion.

Your throat was dry as you kept your eyes on the article. To you, it seemed clear that you could do nothing right. People loved to judge without reason, and it was slowly tearing you apart. Deep down, you had been yearning for release, release from the emotional pain that you never ceased to feel.

Closing the newspaper, you shoved it to the side and let out a breath, bringing your knees up and hugging yourself. At this point, you were feeling alone and empty, and you wanted some peace of mind.

Staring at the wall, you began to let your loud thoughts take over your entire being, it almost seemed impossible to stop.

At that moment, you heard the front doors opening and closing downstairs, making your face light up slightly. Michael was finally home, something that you were extremely grateful for. A few moments passed before the bedroom door opened, revealing his form. A smile was plastered on his face as he entered, pulling the door shut behind him.

"You're early," you smiled a little, praying to God that he had not noticed that you had been crying.

"I wanted to come home and spend some time with my beautiful wife," he walked up to the bed, settling down at the edge of the large mattress. Michael's eyes scanned your face properly before a frown became evident. "Were you crying?"

"What? No," you lied through your teeth, but it was obvious that he knew you were lying.

"(Y/N)," his expression was stern. "You-" he stopped when his eyes spotted the newspaper that you had shoved away. His face fell slightly as he then brought his attention back to you. "Oh God, not again. Please don't tell me that you're entertaining this," he reached over and grabbed the newspaper.

"I can't help it, Michael. No matter what I do, the world will still hate me, and that kills me," you said lowly.

"(Y/N), it's not about them," he ran his tongue over his bottom lip. "It's not about the fans, and it's not about the media. It's about you, and your mental health," he kept his eyes on you. "You need to stop focusing too much on what people think, and you need to do something for yourself," he continued. "It's your life. Not theirs,"

With that, he took the newspaper and ripped it apart, tossing it into the bin that was located near the bedside table. "You're my everything, and I love you so much. To see you hurt...kills me,"

Your eyes became watery again as you let your shoulders fall. "I just...I don't know what to do," you began to cry, making Michael move closer to pull you into his arms. "Oh, I feel so suffocated, Michael. I don't know if I can do this for much longer," you sobbed into his shoulder.

He rubbed your back gently before pulling away to look at you. "I know it's hard," he spoke after a moment of silence. "And I know that you feel suffocated....something which I am sorry for," his face fell slightly. "If you hadn't married me, you wouldn't have been this miserable,"

He was about to continue, but you cut him off. "I would have been more miserable without you. This isn't your fault," you sniffed. "People are just...cruel,"

"I know," he took your hand in his. "Trust me, I know that this is all too much, and I know that the situation makes you question your strength," he squeezed your hand. "But the truth is, you're stronger than you know. You're this wonderful woman that...I am...so lucky to have, and be able to call mine," he searched your eyes. "And despite the fact that there seems to be no way out, I believe that we will get through this. Together," he smiled a little. "I'm going to be by your side the entire time," he leaned in and kissed your forehead. "You and me,"

You and me, even when the world is against us.

~❊♡❊~
Ugh, this sucked too, damn it.
But
Thank you so much for reading!
Lemme know your thoughts!❤
Lots of love!
Isha
~❊♡❊~
|Love|Hope|Truth|