•❊The Family Issue❊•

NOTE BEFORE YOU READ:
This imagine sucks, and is poorly written. My apologies for wasting your time!

•♡•

✽SET IN THE THRILLER ERA✽

|1984|

"Oh I don't know!" you fussed, staring at the two dresses on your bed. Luisa, your best friend and roommate, was seated at the edge of the bed - watching you. The both of you were in your bedroom, and you had a towel on. Your makeup was done, and your hair was fastened into a loose bun.

At present moment, you were getting ready to meet your boyfriend's family for the first time. Michael Jackson was the name of the man you loved, and you had been dating him for over a year now. Yes, you were in a relationship with the King of Pop - and things were amazing. He treated you well, and he gave you all the love that you deserved. You adored him, and did your best to make him happy. The two of you belonged together, he always made you feel at ease.

Today, however, you were very nervous. It was five in the afternoon, and you were getting ready to have dinner with Michael's family. The dinner would start at seven, and at six thirty, Michael was to pick you up. You did not know how his family would react, but you hoped they would like you.

According to Michael, his siblings all loved you, and so did his father. His mother, on the other hand, wasn't so easy to convince. She was confident that you were just with her son for the money. Of course, the aforementioned could not have been farther from the truth.

You loved Michael, and you wanted to be with him - regardless if he were rich or not. He made you happy, and you did the same for him - you never wanted to lose him.

"Wear the red one," Luisa looked at the red dress that lay next to your black one. "Red is his favorite color,"

You took in a deep breath and nodded. "Right, I'll wear the red,"

Underneath your towel, you had your underwear on, so all you had to do was slip on the dress. You let your towel fall, and picked up the red dress - putting it on. Luisa stood, and helped you to zip the garment up.

You turned to her and smiled, making her grin as she clapped her hands.

"You look beautiful," she studied you. "Michael's family members are going to love you,"

"I hope so, Luisa," you inhaled deeply. "I sure hope so,"

•❁❁❁•

At six thirty, Michael had come to pick you up - just as he had promised. The both of you were in the car, and he was driving. You fiddled with your fingers as you leaned back against the seat. He had been driving for fifteen minutes now, and the ride was silent. It was clear that you were very nervous.

"Babe," Michael took a glance at you before looking back at the road. "Relax, my family is going to love you," he reassured you.

"I hope so, Michael," you shook your head. "I'm so nervous,"

"(Y/N)," he used one hand to grip the steering wheel whilst he used the other one to grab your hand - bringing it up to his lips. "I promise you, everyone wants to see you, even my mother,"

"I just hope everyone likes me," you laughed a little.

"They will love you. Trust me,"